Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Meet the newest member of the Stringham family

So, I had my first OB appointment today. It was fairly uneventful, as far as these kinds of things go. I met my new Dr. and I really like him a lot. He used to live in my neighborhood and all my friends here see him. He also delivered Ben, so I know he's capable, and that feels good. He didn't seem to think that it was a big deal that I was having 2 babies within a year and a half, but it is to me. I'm very apprehensive about having another baby. It has all seemed very surreal until today and I knew that this was the beginning of having to really deal with it. He did an ultrasound and for a minute, I couldn't tell if there was anything there. I was kind of relieved and horrified at the same time with the thought of not ACTUALLY being pregnant, but alas, he found the sweet little one, all 3 cm of baby.



I don't have a scanner (We keep trying to buy one, but other things come up) so I had to take a picture of an ultrasound print with my crappy camera. Take my word for it, there's a baby in there, up at the top. My due date is going to remain 9/29/08 and it should be a nice, long, uncomfortable summer, but it will all be worth it in the end.

P.S. For those that don't really get why I'm freaked out at the thought of having another baby, I got a HUGE bag of goodies from the doctor's office basically consisting of 27 free baby magazines that tell me the same thing in 20 different ways, several changing pads (which always come in handy), prenatal vitamins galore and formula samples. Here's the sad thing. I was all excited about the formula because Lizzy STILL drinks it! Yes, she does, because I already have a baby. I thought, "Oh good, I can keep this in the car for when I forget" then I about started to cry.

7 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Wow! You got that post up quickly. I was surprised they did an ultrasound so soon. Nice to have a confirmation, and remember that lots of people have kids that close together. I did it in my mid-thirties, so take courage.

erynp said...

Laura, I almost started to cry because I am just so happy for you! Your girls are beauties and I can't wait to meet the next one (girl OR boy). Also, I would encourage you to have her on the 19th. That birthday produces excellent children. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura. And Brent - and Jane and Lizzy too.

Emily Call said...

Hang in there! Don't you just love the pregnancy hormones? Call me sometime and we can let the girls play!

hawsfam said...

I didn't get any free samples, no fair! I did get a million baby magazines. Ugh. How many different ways can people argue about breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding?
Congratulations on #3, and take heart, Lindsay is a mere 14 months older than me and I am the fourth child (4 in 5 years what were my parents thinking?)

Emily Call said...

Laura,
you have been tagged. See my blog.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

oh.. what's one more??
only kidding, i know the seriousness of that situation all too well. don't you fret to much though, you are a wonderful mom, and practically already know what it's like to have 3 kids :)

i don't know if you have talked with leslie about it, but i've started a little photography business and would love to photograph your kids for my portfolio. ben too of course...anyway, just let me know!