Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Heaven help me

Today, I got the girls up and got them bathed and dressed (so basically I'm feeling pretty good about my day even if I do nothing else until I go to bed). Jane comes down stairs with her wet hair and sees Lizzy all dressed and says:

Jane: Mommy, Lizzy is too cute.
Me: What?
Jane: Lizzy! She's too cute!
Me: And are you not thinking that you look as cute?
Jane: Yes, Lizzy is cuter than me and I don't like it.
Me: Do you want me to do your hair so that you are feeling cute too?
Jane: Yes because I don't want Lizzy to be cuter than me.

A couple minutes later, Lizzy starts smiling and talking to Jane and the following conversation takes place...

Jane: Stop it Lizzy! Go away!
Me: Why would you say that, Jane?
Jane: Because she's cuter than me and I don't like it and I don't want her looking at me because I'm not as cute.

So we went into how there will always be people in the world who are cuter than us and he Heavenly Father doesn't care how cute we are because it's how we treat people that really makes the difference and on and on. I thought that I had gotten through to her until I tried to get a photo of her and she would let me because she "didn't want anyone to see that she had a runny nose" Heaven help me.
If this is any indication of the world I have ahead of me, it is going to be a long, painful childhood. I'm really not into the sibling rivalry, so I'll have to beat it out of her somehow.

On another note, at the grand old age of 13 months, Lizzy has finally cut a tooth! It's about time silly girl.




She's been trying to whistle this morning, it IS pretty cute, much to Jane's dismay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jane and Lizzy look so much alike. They are both cute!!! I know that feeling though, I used to always feel like my sister was superior in looks. But now she is almost 40 as opposed to me being almost 30, so I'm feeling better about it now!

Emily Call said...

So cute... tell Jane that I think she is very beautiful... so is Lizzy, just don't tell that part to Jane.