Sunday, May 25, 2008

We have a name

If you'll notice, on my little pregnancy counter (which comes in VERY handy for when I forget my due date), we've named our little fetus. His name will very likely be Charles Barron Stringham. Brent got to pick his name since I don't really know that we'll have any more boys and I wanted him to be able to love his son's name. I have tried to warn him that we are following in Pride and Prejudice tradition by naming him Charles (for those of you not as obsessed with the story as I am, Charles is Mr. Bingley's first name. For those of you that don't know who the heck Mr. Bingley is, you really should read Pride and Prejudice. It's a very good book, I promise). So we'll have all characters from the book as our children's names, but it doesn't really bother me. We really didn't mean to do it that way, seriously, it just worked out that we've got a Jane and Lizzy and Brent wanted Charles. He says that he doesn't care and as long as I don't try to name any kid Darcy, we should be good. No worries there.
Anyway, it aint over until I sign the birth certificate, but I think we are fairly settled. Charlie is a little over half way here and his big sister is VERY excited for him to come. One of them at least. Poor Lizzy has no idea what she's in for. Won't this be an interesting fall for us.

6 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Yes, I remembered it was likely to be Charles. Charlie? Well, since we have Janey and Lizzy, why not! I need an update on "Jane says." Surely she hasn't quit saying memorable things.

Kriss said...

Yea, you've got a name! I think picking a boy name that the husband agrees with is one of the hardest things to do. I wasn't brave enough to turn it over to Jesse totally. Dylan would've been named Curtis. Anyway, I did let him pick Scott's middle name-Curtis. Will you call hime Charlie or how about Chuck?

Emily Call said...

So cute! I love that name. I just watched that movie on Friday night and made Justin sit through it. I can't wait to meet the little guy.

hawsfam said...

I have a great uncle charles an uncle charles a cousin charles...they are called charles, chuck, and chuckie, so watch out! good name choice!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i've always loved the name charlie and think it will fit perfectly with all the names in the family.

congrats! let's hope he breaks 6 lbs at birth :) you and your tiny babies... sigh

and i am a huge pride and prejudice fan by the way... i'm loving every second of your themed family

marydalene said...

What, no Fitzwilliam for you? I can't understand why ever not. But how fun for you to have a name picked out. Greetings, Charles!