Monday, May 5, 2008

Living in Chaos

Hello from the new house! Thanks to the awesome members of our ward and family, we got so much moved on Saturday. We left some furniture to stage the house and didn't get all the closets and drawers emptied out, but definitely got the bulk of our belongings around the corner to the new house. Yesterday was Sunday and we spent most of the day being tired, going to church and hanging out at my mom's house in an attempt to ignore the task that awaited at home. Today, I finally got to work. I spent my day unpacking and running up and down the stairs a million times until my legs hurt and I was so exhausted that I was useless. Mom and Leslie came over and really picked up the slack for me. They went over to the other house and made sure that it was all clean and they packed up the rest of the kitchen then brought it all over here, unpacked it all, and cleaned the kitchen up. I'm not sure how I can possibly thank them. Brent's mom also came over and helped me clean up here then she went over to help my mom and Leslie as well. Talk about a great family! Anyway, in case any of you have forgotten what it feels like to move, I thought I'd share the joy...



Jane found this tiny, crappy old vacuum in the move and immediately adopted it. It's just her size.



Breakfast was a little hard with no where to sit or eat. We've done most of our eating outside today. At least it was a beautiful day!



No, that's not painter's tape along the baseboards. The moldings are blue, which is really clashing with new, NOT sea foam green, carpet. We are pleased as punch about our new carpet upstairs, its nice and neutral and brown to cover all the messes that our kids make. Hooray for the new carpet!



Brent got our bed set up "really quick" last night. He generally thinks he can do anything "really quick" (he's a glass is half full kinda guy) It ended up taking us at least an hour right when we were exhausted and ready for bed. At least we don't have to worry about that tonight.



My blurry, trashed kitchen.
So basically, all our rooms are either empty or a wreck. We'll dig out of it. The kitchen is looking a ton better tonight, as I mentioned before. I'll be happy when I can get through all the boxes and then it will be Leslie and Cameron's turn to move. John and Danielle will likely be following close behind, I just hope you're not planning any more moves Mom, are you? Does the office count? I'm sure that before too long, I'll be able to whip out my trusty paint decks and start Laura-fying the house, but right now, it seems a ways off.




3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Amazing you had the energy to blog. Now you need to update all your etsy fans so they know where you have been recently. We are happily tired tonight--glad that something got done today.

Emily Call said...

Let me know what you want me to do to help and I will come over. I am serious... call me.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to packing boxes up and down stairs all day. It is so tiring! I wanted to come over the other night and nose around, but Jesse thought we should wait. Some day we will be over-good luck with everything!!!! By the way, I think the baby is for sure a boy!