Thursday, May 1, 2008

Running from my obligations

Apparently I REALLY don't want to have to move...
As previously covered in the blog, Brent and I took off to California when we should have been home getting our house ready to go on the market. I didn't even care. I was so happy to be gone.
Well we got everything looking all pretty and now this Saturday is the big moving day. I had my scrapaway weekend planned for months and thought I'd just have to let it go because I was too busy packing and getting ready to move. Any logical and reasonable woman would realize that it's far more important to get your house ready to move than go on a crafting retreat, but I am not a reasonable woman. So today I am leaving my house and my 2 children with Brent and my parents (who I'm sure all have plenty of better things to do than watch my kids) so that I can go craft. I'm only going for one day instead of two, but even still, I should probably be here. I seem to be in a very fragile state right now though and I can't take more than a little of this moving stuff at a time. I think that everyone will be happier if I get a short break that will prevent me from going into full on freak out mode on Saturday.

On another note, almost a week after we listed the house, we had a couple families come through last night. It was good that they wanted to come, but we were displaced for quite a while when Brent and his very helpful brother in law were planning on working on a project we have to finish. We finally got a fancy tour of the house up and a new photo with no snow, which I think makes it look a lot more appealing to people. Let's hope that something comes of it and there are more lookers this weekend!



The new, improved photo. Doesn't it look nice?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at scrapaway!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

10:30 p.m. and the girls are both asleep at my house. Enjoy and don't come home too soon. Love ya'. The house looks great in picture and in person.

Emily Call said...

You go girl... enjoy every second of it.