Sunday, May 25, 2008

Turning out to be a pretty good weekend...

Today is a good day. Tonight, we signed papers for an offer on the Forest Ridge house. It had started to get a bit stressful for me. Yesterday, I about had a breakdown over it. Ok, I DID have a breakdown over it. We had received a couple of other offers that, in my opinion, were pretty insulting. I know that it's a buyers market and all, but when you have a hormonal pregnant woman who has spent 5 years, a lot of blood, sweat and tears (literally), all her extra time, energy, creativity and pretty much every spare dime to make it exactly the way she wanted it, only to leave it against her will, you REALLY don't want to anger her by offering tens of thousands of dollars under what she thinks the place is worth. Not a pretty sight. Good thing I didn't have to deal with any of those people face to face. We are very pleased with the offer that we signed tonight and we're hoping the it will go through and we won't have to start over again.

Friday morning we met up at the mall with my friend, Emily and her adorable girls. I stole this photo that she took of Jane and her daughter, Cait, playing in Dinoland. I'd just send you to her blog to check it out, but it's a private club for members. I kinda like it that way, I feel all exclusive.



We had a ton of fun. Jane and Cait are only 1 day apart in age and Jane can't get enough of her new friend. We got delicious lemonade (a couple times) from Hot Dog on a Stick and Jane got a corndog that Ben polished off. I tried to get a photo of him eating it on my phone, but I'm not savvy enough to know how to get it on my computer. Instead, here's a photo of Ben from earlier this week trying to eat an entire pizza crust. The corndog one is very similar. Just replace the pizza crust with a corndog, replace Brent with a stroller and instead of being inside our house, we were at the mall. It was great.



Before Ben got his shot at it, I tried to get Lizzy to eat some corndog. Emily did get a photo of Lizzy's disinterest



Ah, what cute photos, Emily! I love my blue eyed girls.

We got to go on a date on Friday to see Indiana Jones. My review? Meh. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either. It was fun to get out of the house and play without the girls. Our babysitter watched Ben too so that Leslie and Cameron could come and pay for our tickets and snacks with their formidable collection of gift cards. Movie theater popcorn, yum-o.

Other than that, the Stringhams are living a pretty boring and ordinary life. I took a couple of photos of Jane this morning since the sun was so kind as to shine for us. The color on one looks kinda funky. I'm not sure what I did to it.





Oh how I love the swing set, let me count the ways. I can't possibly give enough praise to the swing set. So we've still got one more day with Daddy at home, but so far, it's turning about to be a pretty good weekend.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

So glad you weren't to tired to blog tonight--I needed grandchild "fix" having missed them this weekend. Congratulations on your house offer--I'm sure it will work out, and having a back-up offer won't hurt either. Now let's get that office building sold and get rid of the superfluous real estate!!

Kriss said...

Congrats on your house getting an offer! I'm so glad everything is working out with the houses! I'm sure that has been stressful for you guys-HORRAY!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the acceptable offer - hope all goes smoothly enough to go through. When is the closing date?