Monday, May 12, 2008

Skeletor Baby

So, we had a successful ultrasound this morning, meaning that we were able to find out the gender. So for all of you that are eagerly waiting the results, it's a boy!



Baby boy wasn't turning his head to get one of those cute profile shots, so we had to make do with a skeletor baby photo.



vs.



See the resemblance?
Can you tell that this it's a shot of the face? See the creepy eye sockets and jaw and everything?
Anyway, there wasn't anything unusual that showed up on the ultrasound and he's on for his dates, so we can't really ask for anything more than that.

If I had any energy today, I'd go out and buy some boy clothes, but Jane has been sick again and he was up so much in the night that I'm too exhausted to leave the couch. I guess perhaps it will just have to wait. Either that or hit up Crazy 8. I might just do that. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited about having a boy, but honestly, it doesn't really do much for me today. I mean, I was anticipating that it would be a boy anyway, so I'm not surprised or anything. The week that I found out I was pregnant, I bought a new boy car seat cover for my aging infant carrier, so at least I won't have to put that to waste :)

8 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I never can make out anything on those ultrasounds, so I'll just pretend he's a cute little punkin'. Sorry about Jane being sick--I suppose the weather does nothing to lift your spirits either. Don't go buy everything--that leaves nothing for the rest of us to contribute. I don't think I've purchased much of anything for Ben because it's all superfluous. Hang in there; it will be better soon.

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling!!! Congrats! Now you have the somewhat awful task of picking a boy name.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i knew it! congrats... skeletor is darling. i am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons and welcome to a whole new world.

Emily Call said...

Yea! Congrats! That is very exciting!

hawsfam said...

congrats on boy #1!

erynp said...

woo hoo! here comes brent jr...lucky family!

Cameron said...

Eryn,
What you've failed to realize is that they already have Brent Jr. and her name is Lizzy. The kid is the spitting image of her pop, she just happens to be female.
This Baby will be something else (hopefully).