Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our eventful Sunday

I've had such an eventful day, I thought I'd blog about it.
My day really started more like last night when we were getting ready for bed. We were invited to dinner at Emily and Justin's house last night (which was way fun and really yummy, thanks again!) so we didn't get home and get the girls into bed until later and they both fell right asleep. Unfortunately, Lizzy had a really rough night and kept us up until like 3:00 in the morning before she gave up crying. I'm not sure what it was. During the course of the night, she got a clean diaper, lotion and medicine for her skin, IB Profin, a new bottle, she was cuddled, rocked, sung to and finally I gave in and dosed her up with every children's medicine we had in the house all at the same time.
Needless to say, I woke up very tired this morning (I need a LOT of sleep, so 3:00 - 8:00 will not cut it for me) I debated whether or not I should try going to church because I was feeling so crummy and decided last minute to go. I had to hurry and make myself presentable and we had to get Lizzy up from her much needed nap and get her dressed to. We were running late and forgot stuff for the kids and had to go back home again.



Here's a photo of Jane looking not unlike Michael Jackson with her one glove. She was feeling particularly fancy today, So I took some photos of her.

By the time we got there, we barely made it for the sacrament. I felt good about making the effort though, at least we were there. Little did we know that Lizzy had another trick up her baby sleeve. The little cutie up and puked all over us. It was fabulous. We hadn't been there 10 minutes and she throws up. So then we are frantically trying to clean up the kids and the floor and ourselves right during the talks. Thankfully, we were sitting in the gym because we were late, which made it a lot easier to clean.
So, long story a tad bit shorter, I ended up just turning around and coming home with Lizzy. I must admit that it was kinda nice because she went right back to sleep once she was home and I was able to turn on Pride and Prejudice and fall asleep in front of it until Brent and Jane got home.

In other news, I made dinner for my family. I've used my stove before, but I haven't actually made anything requiring ingredients that had to be mixed together. I even took a photo of it to commemorate the occasion of us eating at the folding table. It looks pretty sad. We need to sell our other house so that I can go get my dining table.



Jane was taking photos today and I am posting this charming one of myself in my painting pants and Hello Kitty children's nightgown for a couple of reasons. For one, you can kinda see the new hardware that Leslie and I put on the cabinets. For another, you can see how pregnant I'm looking half way through.



You may note that I have a fancy Wolf range/oven in my new house. Too bad I don't like it. It cooks nice, but it's TOO industrial and doesn't allow the kind of flexibility that I need as a mom that does most of her cooking for small children. It takes forever to warm up the oven and the knobs are all in the front where the babies can mess with them. They don't have locks on them and it's all gas and I'm just waiting for the day that they fill my house with fumes and force us to evacuate. That or just burn the place down. I'm thinking about replacing it, much it to Brent's outrage. Fancy shmancy and NOT worth it.

Anywho... Throw in visits from Brent's parents, Leslie and Cameron, my friends Sheri and Brooklyn, a nice evening mosey through the neighborhood and about 20 popsicles, and there you have my Sunday. It had drama, surprise, exhaustion, laughter, a few tears, good friends, family, food, and a nice long nap. I tell you, I'm living the good life.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

SOOOOOO sorry to hear about your stove. Maybe you should put the Wolfe in your old house and trade for your good stove. Cute picture of Jane. I'm glad you and Lizzy slept. I clipped out a cartoon from the Sunday funnies for you to see when we get together again (speaking of Lizzy).

Emily Call said...

Thanks again for coming over. We had a great time. Sorry about your crazy Sunday... Mayci was having a rough day too.

Kriss said...

Sorry everything was crappy for you yesterday. Unfortunately I feel like that every Sunday! I really don't enjoy Sundays at all-so sad.

kathy kimball said...

Well - I hate those moments where it just all goes to pot!! If we only had that kind of intuition "I'm gonna BLOW!". Jane did kind of have a tough time in sharing time in primay - Brent is sure a trooper. I really enjoy your pictures - and thanks for making me feel better about my 30 year old Whirlpool stove :).

Leslie said...

Yeah Laura, don't they have the spring trash pick up in your neighborhood soon? Just put that crappy Wolf out on the curb and bring back over that super nice stove you had at your old house. Make sure you don't finish cleaning the oven on it either. Then make me cupcakes.