Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jane Stringham dances for no man!

Tonight was Jane's dance recital. Leslie, Cameron and Ben even came to watch her. We had to walk from forever away and it took a REALLY long time with the most exhausted babies in the world before they got to her group and we were all wondering if it was really going to be worth it. Well, it totally was. Apparently, she wasn't in much of a mood to dance.



We just had our little camera with us and it ran out of batteries. The rest of the dance was pretty much the same, with Jane forgetting to walk off stage at the end.

When I picked her up afterwards, she was complaining that she was freezing and that her tummy hurt. She wouldn't even eat her licorice rope that I got her. When we got her home, she had a fever. I felt really bad for not taking her seriously. After a little medication and a rootbeer float, she's doing much better.

I took some photos of her yesterday before her dress rehearsal. What a cheese ball.



I also got a photo of Jane and her friend from our ward before the show.



We were so proud of her for hanging in there even when she wasn't feeling good. I love my tiny dancer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love her costume! When I post Abbie's picture of her costume you will understand why I hate it, it is the worst! Way to go Jane-the show must go on!

Leslie said...

That was seriously hilarious. Almost worth the mile hike in and the one hour "pre-show."

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, my goodness I can't believe I missed it--a fitting end to the dance season for Janey. Thanks for the pics.

Emily Call said...

so cute! ha ha ha... I love little kids' dance recitals.

Cameron said...

What you forgot to mention was that they were offering a 2-1 "Come-backer" ticket for the Richard Marx concert later this month at the Amphitheater for anyone who came to the recital. That totally made it worth it.I'm so going. RM is the week right after Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band though, so I'm going to be seeing a lot of the Sandy's favorite place for entertainment.