Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Gift.

My mom was in town for Mother's Day today. I woke up and I told my husband that I wanted to get pictures of me with my mom and and my kids. Sometimes I amaze even myself at my inability to accomplish something so simple.



Brent got me a bike "for Mother's Day" and by that, I mean that several weeks ago, Brent, myself, my sister and her husband went to Target on a date night (yes, we often go to Target on date night) to get a bike for my sister and whilst there I decided I needed one too. Even though it was technically purchased for "Mother's Day," we ended up getting it out to ride on Friday and if someone was riding a bike, we all had to be riding bikes (my family is in sync that way), so the kids came out too.

From far enough away, that grainy photo up there makes me look uncommonly serious and chic. It's very unlike me. It makes me a little uncomfortable.
This must be rectified.


Ah, that's more like it. Much less dignified and with a child in tow.
Why was this photo even taken? I think I told Brent to "take a photo of me on my bike," but let me assure you, that is NOT what I meant.


Sometimes I worry that Charlie is determined to get run over by a car. He's on the sidewalk here, but generally speaking, it's next to impossible to keep him out of the street. The best part is that he likes to crawl down the curbs, keeping him nice and low to the ground where no one could possibly see him. If you have business in our circle, do me a favor and drive slow.


I really like him. A lot.


Ah, Miss Biz.


Why are your shoes always on the wrong feet?


Brent needed to put the training wheels back on Jane's bike. She wasn't quite ready for the two wheeling experience.


And she's not too happy about it.

So if you see a woman out on a new bike, in a puffy red coat, looking most undignified, with a couple of kids following behind and perhaps a baby crawling in the street, chances are fairly good that it's me.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Cute post! Sorry I missed even setting eyes on the bike. Be most careful with Charlie--maybe you need a kid carrier on your bike to keep him up where he can be seen.

Kriss said...

You look very "modely" in that picture-very impressive!

Baylie Benson said...

HAHA i was laughing :) you are so chic! you have better clothes than i do!