Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I want you all to know a couple of things

1 - I am not a photographer. More specifically, I am not a food photographer.


2 - That said... I made this:


Yes I did.

That would be an Italian Cream Cake made from scratch. SCRATCH, I tell you! With cream cheese coconut frosting and crusted in home toasted coconut. I like coconut. You should too. I understand that there are actually people out there who don't like coconut? I pity your tastebuds. Because you couldn't even have enjoyed this.


And it was very much enjoyed. And I think that I'm still trying to jog off the calories that were consumed as a result of it. Mmmmm. Coconut.

I got the recipe from here


so now you can make one too. And you should. It'll be a good way to push through your coconut aversion.

3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

I was just lookin at that blog the other day and figuring next time I am planning my menus to incorporate some of her recipes. I did also notice that all the recipes for dessert items were loaded calories and fat, but hey, what is dessert for anyway? That cake looks good. I love coconut too. At least you jog.

aaron and allee said...

This is such an impressive looking cake and it sounds fantastic! Since you are such a fan of coconut, you may want to try this recipe as well: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/coconut-cake-with-7-minute-frosting-recipe/index.html
It is a cake my sister-in-law has made for her coconut-loving husband. The frosting is my favorite part and you could even drizzle ganache across it for presentation.

Sandy Brunson said...

That pretty well looks like heaven in my book. My crazy husband doesn't care for coconut. More for me!