Monday, May 31, 2010

Road Trip

We just got back from a little weekend excursion and I'm tired. Are you tired too? Sometimes long weekends end up making us more tired instead of better rested.


Ya, so I'm tired. And I think a little sick, although I can't figure out what I might have. My husband made me some tea and I'm watching a movie on HBO that is making me cry every 10 seconds. He's doing something in his office that involves NOT watching me cry at a movie every 10 seconds. I really need to get control over my tears, it's just plain annoying how often I cry.

Anyway, point being that I don't really have the energy to post a whole lot, but we DID just get back from a weekend excursion and I wanted to post something.

These are photos from our car ride down to grandma's house.


I'd like to bear my testimony of buying your kids Happy Meals on the way out of town.


They get all filled up, they get a new toy that keeps them entertained (which only works to your advantage if you can tune out the ones that make noise),


and apparently the boxes make for a good time as well.


Oh, children of mine.... I love you all. And I'm super glad that you are all asleep because tomorrow, life goes back to normal. And normal will not include getting Happy Meals for dinner.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Waiting on the photos of the way home! Actually, can't believe you posted tonight. I, too, am at the end of the line tonight. I do hope you feel better tomorrow. Planted all the plants, but no seeds!

Emily Call said...

it looks like a fun little get away!
Caitlin's last day of school is June 11th, so let's for sure get together and play a lot this Summer.

Sandy Brunson said...

Yep, I'm exhausted. And I didn't even go anywhere. But my parents and Josh and Matt came to visit.

Kriss said...

Maybe there's a bun in the oven that's making you feel crappy?

Laura Stringham said...

You're just looking for company, Kriss. It's easier to suffer together, but no. (thank goodness) This is my year to not be pregnant or nursing. It's been a while.