Thursday, June 26, 2008

a couple of my weaknesses...

My friend Emily's sister, Holly, has an awesome blog that I always stalk. You should visit Creating Cupcakes. She also designs and prints the cutest vinyl wall art I've ever seen and has her own website and etsy shop that you should also visit. I'm still working on my kids' rooms, but I'm going to be in serious need of some of her vinyl as soon as I can pull myself together and get to that stage. (it's possible that I kinda wish I was as cool as her) So on her creating cupcakes blog, she posted this awesome baby swaddler. Yes, I have every intention of purchasing one of these babies for my baby, yes, he will look like a baby fool, and yes, the thought of it brings me a great deal of satisfaction.



This seller on etsy also has other cute things to make your children (and potentially husbands as well) look like adorable little fools. I love it, LOVE it, LOVE it!

In an effort to fit one more plug in this post, I'm ordering a new diaper bag. I feel like I'm justified in getting a new one with every new baby (for Pete's sake, I gave birth, don't I get a new bag out of it?) and I'm not as easy as just being happy with the one that Similac gives you in the hospital, although I DO find that they come in very handy for road trips and as church bags. I'm really excited about it! It is being custom made and I ordered mine off of etsy, but Jessica also has a website/blog with all her bag styles and fabrics. Visits http://www.peascarrotsjleman.blogspot.com/ to see everything that she makes or just click on the link that I've added on the sidebar. The bag I'm ordering is called the 'kate' bag and here it is...





And I'm getting it in 3 of these fabrics...



This is probably very boring news for most people, but for me, it's pretty freaking awesome. Why do I like bags so much? They're becoming a serious weakness of mine. It will take some weeks to get here, but no worries (I know you were all worried), I'll be sure to photograph and post about it as soon as it does.
Ah the material things in life that provide me with so much satisfaction. You'd swear I don't have the cutest children on the planet to focus on or something.


2 comments:

Kriss said...

I agree with getting a new bag for every kid. I have only ever bought black, maybe it's time for me to add some color to my life!

Emily Call said...

I love that fabric so much! How fun to get a new bag.