Thursday, June 26, 2008

One more post before bed

What a day. It's been a good one though.
We started out the morning by closing on our Forest Ridge house. It was quite the ordeal to get the girls and Ben dressed, fed and out of the house by 9:00, but I made it (barely). Jane was difficult because, as you may have noted from the prior post, she has decided that she doesn't sleep anymore. She wouldn't leave Brent and me alone and was really ornery and weepy the whole time. After that was over with, Jane had her last arts & crafts class wherein she painted her sculpture of a girl and her pencil sharpener. I need to get some photos of her works of art. She's LOVED her arts & crafts class, thanks so much, Emily!
I was about to loose it with Jane by the time we got home with all her crying and misery. I was ready to lock her in her room until she took a nap when Brent's sister stopped by this afternoon and asked if Jane wanted to come play at her house until Brent got off work. Yes. Yes she did. Absolutely. So Cheryl is my hero for today and took my girl all afternoon while I slept and enjoyed my quiet house. When Brent got home with her, she was out cold. Didn't wake up when he got out of the car, didn't wake up when he brought her inside, didn't wake up on the couch, just didn't wake up! I tell you, when she falls, she falls hard. It's so unusual for her to sleep like that, so I took a photo (which she also didn't wake up for)



It made Lizzy mad to see her on the couch like that. I think she wanted Jane to play. I took a video of it because it made me laugh.



Here are a couple of photos of Lizzy today. Her skin is really bad right now and once again, we are supposed to have her photo taken on Monday. Why does her skin always look so bad right before photos? For those who don't understand what I mean when I talk about her break outs, this should give you some idea of what I'm talking about.





It isn't as bad as it sometimes gets, but it's still pretty tough to see her this way. Poor baby is always scratching and claws her face all up and her arms and wrists and legs. I feel so bad for her, and I don't know what else to do.

Tonight we finished up cleaning out the Forest Ridge house. There wasn't a whole lot left, just some wood that we needed to move and odds and ends. I can hardly handle leaving it. It made me so sad to lock the door for the last time. I remember my mom telling me about the house that we lived in before I remember and it seems so strange to me to have no recollection of a place that I lived, even if it was when I was little. I know that our house will always hold so many good memories for me and my kids won't even understand or know anything about it. Onward and upward though. Now we can focus on making this our home and I'm sure that someday I will love it as much as I loved the old house.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I was so surprised!! I thought you were closing on Monday. It might be harder because you have to see your house all the time--also Jane, at least, might remember it because it is in your neighborhood. Glad to be in Summiit--it's cool and quiet except Dad is mad about something and is acting up--you know what I mean so I won't treat other readers to details. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the closing of your house. I hope my new neighbors are normal! Sorry about the skin situation. It looks so miserable. At least Jane finally gave in and slept for ya-that must of been such a relief!

Allman Roca said...

Well, I think we wore Jane out over here. The kids ran through the sprinklers all afternoon, watched a Barbie movie and played Pet Shops. She was great. Hopefully she wasn't too hopped up on sugar and popcorn. I'll call before I come steal her next time:)