Thursday, October 9, 2008

Good Thursday

After an unsuccessful attempt to get Ben and Lizzy to take naps this afternoon, Leslie and I decided to just get the kids out if the house. There is a fun pumpkin patch not too far from my house that a friend of mine turned me on to and we thought that it would be a good place to let the kids work out their baby fury instead of taking it out on us or (more likely) each other. Ben struggled a little with all the Halloween decor, he doesn't have what you'd call "nerves of steel," but all in all it was quite amusing and it made me feel like a pretty good mom taking my kids on an outing like that.



I tried to get a photo of me and my kids, but they move so fast!





I got my photos from Charlie's newborn photo shoot by Brooke of Oliverminie J. Photography. She does such a great job and I had to post a couple of my favorites.



She managed to capture one of us where we all look decent. I LOVE this photo...



and my girls love their little brother.





And of course, Charlie. (Can I say that the more I call him Charlie, the more I like the name. It really makes me happy to have a son named Charlie.) I'm a huge fan of my swaddling blankets (click here) that we got for him. It makes it so easy to turn him into a little mummy before bedtime and he sleeps so much better all swaddled up, and it makes a cute photo to boot. Ah, so many good things on a good Thursday.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE those photos. They are great. Where did you get the swaddling blankets?

Barbara said...

I love your pictures, too. They are all darling, and your kids are so cute. Looks like a really fun outing.

Kriss said...

Cute pictures! Where is the cute pumpkin patch?

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun. You are quite ambitious for someone with a 2 week old baby.

Emily Call said...

Yay, so glad to hear you had such a great day. The pictures are so cute. Love the one of the girls kissing little Charlie.

Grammyzanne said...

It looks like it was a fun outing for everyone. It was probably nice to get out of the house. The pictures are really cute - especially the one of Jane and Lizzy kissing Charlie.
The swaddling blankets look very much like the nursing blankets I make. I first made them when I was expecting Joanna - they were most useful.

Lynda/Mom said...

Cute pics. Can't wait to see you.

Sandy Brunson said...

very adorable! And I agree with MaryAnn in your ambition with three kids.

Allman Roca said...

I can't believe that you are already out and about with all the kiddies plus one in tow! Good for you. Charlie's pictures are darling. He is a doll. We call the swaddled up baby a "burrito." I love your buritto baby, he is a doll.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I agree with all previous blogs and have to say, that it is funny how after saying a name you grow to love it more than when you chose it. That has happened with Hannah. I like my other kids' names too, but for some reason I just like the sound of Hannah and think it fits her really well. Charlie is a cute baby, enjoy those newborn moments that slip away so fast.

aaron and allee said...

Laura, these photos are incredible! You have some adorable kids! I am definitely going to check out your photographer's website as we are due for some pictures as well. Hope all is well with you. Have a wonderful birthday! Love ya!