Monday, October 6, 2008

Living the good life

So... conference was good this weekend, right? I mean, I don't really know since my children successfully prevented me from paying attention to more than about 20% the 8 hours available to me. Next time, we're going to have to come up with something else to keep them occupied. I'm thinking a padded, sound proof room and a strong lock. I enjoyed what I heard, though, and walked away from the weekend feeling uplifted.

I wish that I had more to blog about, but alas, I don't. At this point, my days basically consist of

feeding the baby,
changing a diaper or two or three,
yelling at the girls,
changing a diaper,
feeding the baby,
loading up the children in the car and trying to save my sanity by getting out of the house,
yelling at the girls at the store,
yelling at the girls in the car,
changing a diaper,
feeding the baby,
feeding the baby and,
feeding the baby

oh, and I often try to fit in a good cry in my disastrous house before bed. Then I feed the baby.

All in all, I'm very happy. A wee bit unstable, but happy. I appreciated the reminders from conference about "enjoying the journey" since I have a tendency to allow myself to suffer through things instead. Funny though, how loving someone (or my whole family) can make you happy, isn't it?



Oh, I adore him in his little monkey suit.



He kinda looks like he's got 'monkey paws' in his monkey suit. Ah, the terrifying monkey paws, I remember you well.
Now, I'm going to go watch Dancing with the Stars in an effort to annoy my husband into allowing me to get cable. (I think it's working)

11 comments:

Leslie said...

He does kind of have monkey paws, but in a cute way, right? Oh, and thank Brent again for letting Ben get in contact with the blue sucker on his watch.

MaryAnn said...

I remember those days - new borns are so fun. OF course I only had one older child to deal with. He does look cute in his monkey outfit.

Emily Call said...

It's a good thing a mother loves her kids so much, right?

He is so cute!

Oh, and I bet you made the cute monkey, huh?

Svenhardicus said...

I love my little monkey man and even if I did buy a sweet HDTV and get satellite or cable you'd still only watch HGTV!

Lynda/Mom said...

What's wrong with HGTV in HD, Brent? Laura, enjoy your little one (and your big ones). Just relax and love your kids--quit worrying about your house. You're doing great! I look at the pictures of the children and wish I were there. I don't even recognize Charlie already.

joanna said...

A messy house is the sign of a good life - it means you have too many other things to do than clean! I haven't had one since before andrew (nearly 8 years ago now!) I feel your pain about conference, we didn't get to listen to much either. Your solution sounds great to me!

Grammyzanne said...

What a cute little monkey.

I knew the last stanza of the following poem from a cross stitch pattern I really enjoyed. I was looking for the exact wording when I came across the whole poem. I hope you enjoy. (Maybe you should print 3 copies - one for your bathroom mirror, one for your fridge and one for you front door.)

Dust in the Nursery
The following is by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
and was published in the Lady's Home Journal in 1958 as "Song for a Fifth Child."

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rock-a-bye, Lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek-peek-a-boo).
The shopping is not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there is a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing "Kanga" and this is my "Roo."
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rock-a-bye, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Jana Sohm said...

That sounds about like my days, and I don't even have a new born. What am I going to do when I have another one?

kennan said...

i love him. is he into older women? hopefully....

Sandy Brunson said...

Yeah, he's pretty adorable! And now I'm going to have nightmares about the Miss Marple Monkey Paws...

Kriss said...

I totally know what your talking about! Why do husband's hate Dancing With the Stars so bad? I can relate to the crazy kid stuff too. It's even worse when you have several neighbor kids showing up to drive you even more crazy!!