Monday, October 13, 2008

I am the fire starter

Fact: Brent and I love fires, and not the "flip a switch insta-fire" but actual wood that is burning. For my part, I think its my parent's fault. They had a wood burning stove built into the home that we grew up in (in LAS VEGAS) and kept the fires going most of those bitter 50 degree winter months. It seemed really cold when we were growing up. Now Brent and I have an insert in our fireplace that acts like a stove and we use it to heat our house in the winter. The only problem is that wood up here is really expensive, so we regularly make trips down to Summit to get (mooch) wood from my dad. My dad really likes firewood too. So this last weekend we went down to relaxing Summit to visit my parents and get some wood and have a nice time, generally. Here are a few photos from the trip.



There are several fruit trees that my Uncle Alma planted years and years ago that have, by default, ended up on my parents' property. They really can't take credit for the delicious apples and cherries, but we're glad they're there.



If Grandma is around, this is generally how you find Lizzy... holding on to her and refusing to let go. Lizzy made her first trip to nursery in the Summit ward. It was deluxe.



My big, strong Charlie. He went to the doctor yesterday and has already gained a pound and grown over an inch.



My dad always carved pumpkins with us growing up and I loved it. Looks like my girls love it too.





And a couple snow pictures for my dad. It was a great weekend to be in Summit, even with the snow since, of course, there was a nice, warm fire inside.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow. Summit got a lot more snow than we did here. Charlie already looks so much different than he did. He's losing that newborn look.

Lynda/Mom said...

Lovely summary of the weekend which I enjoyed immensely. Please come again soon. Thanks for the cute pictures.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like a nice, cold weekend. Perfect for a roaring fire.

Barbara said...

Your pictures are great. Aren't the apples great, too?

Grammyzanne said...

glad you had a good weekend. That apple REALLY looks good.