Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One year older and wiser too

This week was my birthday. I'm old. Not as old as a lot of you :) but old none the less. Jane seems to think I'm practically on my death bed. It was a good day and preceding weekend that included a new fancy coat, a date with my husband, Rainbow Chip cake, homemade potroast, more pumpkin picking, a delicious lunch at Red Lobster (yummmmm... biscuits), dinner with friends and this morning, breakfast with friends for me and another friend with a birthday this week. Why do you eat so much when it's your birthday? Maybe it's just me. Food is good.
I thought I'd share the photos that we got at the second pumpkin patch we've visited this year. I know, we go to a lot of pumpkin patches, but it's a great place to keep your kids entertained and aren't the photos with the pumpkins so charming?







It was pretty cold, so it was a quick trip, but our mission was accomplished.


Ben was there too as well as Charlie and I. He was covered under a heavy blanket in his car seat and I was behind the camera. Hooray for birthdays in October. It really is my favorite month, for lots of reasons.

5 comments:

Kriss said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed the breakfast, I was getting my root canal done at the same time!

Lynda/Mom said...

I love the photos. I guess we are all warming up as the weekend approaches. And Nov. 2 is the end of daylight savings time, so it will be warmer when we get out in the morning and colder at night.

ginger said...

Listen up granny, unless you ate off the back of the menu at Red Lobster during "Early Bird" then you are still young! Happy Belated Birthday!

Barbara said...

I'll add my happy belated birthday wishes as well. I wish I could keep track of all the birthdays of my nieces and nephews--I kind of used to--but, speaking of getting old, I guess I am. Anyway, I'm glad it was a good one, and I too love the fall of which the month of October is the apex. Darling pictures.

Grammyzanne said...

Pumpkin patches do seem to generate wonderful pictures. Enjoyed yours.