Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Success!

I know that I haven't been my usual post-happy self lately. I believe it to be largely related to Charlie. He's started to become a little more high maintenance than I would prefer. He seems to have something wrong with his tummy, I don't know if it is bubbles or reflux or what, but he always wants to be held and bounced and cuddled. He really is just the sweetest thing and he doesn't really cry, he's just fussy, which means that I generally only have one hand free... and typing with one hand takes a really long time! Today, I finally got new batteries in the swing and you know what?




He loves it! Hooray! I get my life back! No more sitting and bouncing the bouncy chair with my foot for hours. No more carrying him around the house in the baby sling. I'm not sure what took me so long to get the batteries for it, perhaps I've just been in denial over everything, but whatever, he loves the swing! Jane lived most of the first few months of her life in this swing. Johnny B called it her "mechanical mommy" because I just pawned her off to the swing's care most days. Lizzy didn't like it, it was a total disappointment, but Charlie and the swing seem to be a match made in heaven. Today, I'd like to thank the genius that came up with the mechanical baby swing.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Thank you!! I can finally bring up your blog without looking at the rather strange Brent and Baby Jane picture. I am somewhat settled in here at the Broadmoor Hotel and am very pleased to find I have wireless internet in my room, which appeared doubtful at first. I think I can survive now. Love you.

MaryAnn said...

I agree that the swing is a wonderful invention. Megan was not a big fan of it, but Lauren lived in it for her first 3 months. She slept in it because that was the only way I could get more than 1 hour of sleep at a time.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Jason's favorite babysitter. He was happy we were given a battery operated swing that looks a lot like yours after Kate was born. The one for Jeremiah was one of those old fashioned wind up kind. Katie, however, wasn't a big fan of the swing...Hannah and Jeremiah were, and Aubrey liked it sometimes.

Kriss said...

Amen, sister! The baby swing is a life saver! Be sure to have spare batteries on hand-it can get ugly when you don't!

Jana Sohm said...

My kids never cared for the swing- too bad for me. Enjoy it while it lasts!!