Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white kitchen

It's actually happening...




We are giving my kitchen a much wanted (no, it isn't "needed") makeover. This is the easiest makeover ever. Since we have an IKEA kitchen, it's just off with one door and on with another. I'm bordering on giddy about it. I LOVE white kitchens and because I'm a snob (I figure I must be), I couldn't allow myself to be happy without one.



I'm painting the interiors of the cabinets with glass doors this blue color. Pretty, eh?



And as I was taking pictures, I started to wonder if my newly acquired Costco flowers might be behind Lizzy's absolutely miserable allergies. She's been coughing, gagging, sniffling and crying all day. Poor baby. I thought they might add a "homey" feel to the tools, debris and folding table as a makeshift countertop, but now I feel bad.

On another note, Charlie really likes bouncing. He's been sitting in the jumper bouncing and bouncing for like half an hour now. It's fabulous.


p.s. - if you or someone you love/like/tolerate is in the market for the used IKEA doors and hardware that are pictured, let me know. They are dirty, they have two sets of holes drilled in them from when we changed the hardware they are beech colored, they are now discontinued (so you can't get anymore to match) and they are cheap.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I think you should advertise your unwanted cabinet doors in much the same way as you advertised your unwanted cat: free to a good home.

Grammyzanne said...

You are going to have a beautiful kitchen. After seeing your kitchen and Barbara's remodel downstairs, I'm starting to wish there was an IKEA in San Antoio.

Grammyzanne said...

PS the flowers are lovely. Hopefully that isn't waht is giving Lizzy problems.

Emily Call said...

oh it's so pretty! I love white kitchens too, does that make me a bigger snob than I already am? ha ha.

kennan said...

i wish i would have done a white or at least lighter kitchen. i feel like i'm in a dungeon.... don't tell trevan. so yes, i am jealous.

Lynda/Mom said...

I do like the blue interior, and the overall whiteness. It even makes the blue backsplash look a little better. I'm anxious to see it in person. I'm sure Lizzy would not need Costco flowers to give her allergies--there is so much pollen in the air from all the rain and things growing that would be more than enough. Is Charlie bouncing in the Johnny Jump-up? That would be awesome!