Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's coming....

We've been getting a little taste of the upcoming summer and it has reminded of some of my favorite things about warm weather.



It's wonderful how much time the girls spend outside. They are happy, I'm happy and for some reason, I almost never mind it when they get filthy. I enjoy seeing all the dirt wash away each night in the bath, followed by everyone crashing after a long, wonderful day.



I also love when the girls just hang out in their swimming suits which facilitates their running through sprinklers at every opportunity. They also look fabulous paired with boots. This is Lizzy's "cheese!" face. We might have to work on that.



Crusty faces, pink cheeks, wild hair, sundresses, popsicles, flip flops, late nights... is there anything better than kids and summer?

And I'm giving myself about 2 weeks of 90 degree weather before I start complaining about the heat and wish that it were fall.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Suit + Boots = Killing me

Love everything you mentioned about summer, but need to work on the "late nights" part. The second it turns 7:30, I'm more the "I'VE TAKEN CARE OF YOU ALL DAY NOW GET TO BED" type.

Thanks for the reminder to actually enjoy them after dark. It's a good one.

jared and mary 2 said...

Beautiful pictures.

By the very end of winter I'm ready for some warmer weather. About a week into it I want it to cool down again.

Thanks for the reminder to cherish the moments

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness...whenever I need a smile (or a good laugh) I will be sure to look at Lizzy's "cheese" face! I love your kids :)