Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Sorry

I know, I'm posting like crazy, but I had to share...
Tonight we put Lizzy to bed and later heard her playing in her room. I saw that she had turned her light on and heard her playing with a book that plays music. We just ignored her since she spends a lot of time playing in her room instead of going to bed. After a while, she started to cry, then scream. I debated whether or not to go in there. She screams and cries every single night and we're trying to stop placating her. Eventually she stopped and I figured she had gone to sleep.

Later, I went upstairs and noticed that her light was still on, that's unusual. I cracked the door to turn it off and I noticed that she wasn't in bed. I looked on the floor... no Lizzy. I walked in the room kind of confused and a little nervous. Not next to the dresser, not behind the door, where the crap did she go? Finally I thought to open the closet.

Turns out that my little baby had locked herself in the closet with the musical book. She had been screaming and banging to get out and I just ignored her. She finally gave up and curled up in a tiny little Lizzy ball on the floor of the closet and was using her doll as a pillow as she slept.

I feel horrible.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I feel horrible, too. Poor little thing!! Did you put her in bed?

Kathy said...

I completely understand! In our old house Mallory did that a few times as well. Cute kids!

MaryAnn said...

That is funny and horrible at the same time!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

So sad. Poor little girl. I am sure no permanent damage has been done. Too bad she's too young to understand about crying wolf.

Barbara said...

Poor Lizzy!! Hopefully she will forget this experience and be fine.