Monday, April 21, 2008

Stringhams vs. Disneyland

Finally I'm taking a few minutes to post about our visit to Disneyland. We had originally thought that we would go this fall, but decided to aim for April so as to avoid any potential pregnancies. Ha ha. When we found out that we were already pregnant, we thought we'd just go forward with the plans since it would be a good time of year and Leslie didn't have class that week (meaning that I wouldn't need to be here to watch Ben). Then we decided to move and Leslie ended up having obligations that she needed to be at and on and on, but we were determined. Brent got to take the whole week off of work and even though it seemed totally impractical to go, it turned out great. I loved getting away from the house and the stress and feel like I can handle things here now that I've had a breather. Anyway... here are some photos of our fun.




Jane's first ride... I thought she was going to be terrified, but I was wrong. She loved it!




Poor Lizzy spend the whole morning in the stroller. We finally let her out to come on the rides with us.



I don't know who loved the tea cups more, Jane or Brent.








Jane was SOOOO happy to meet Jasmine. These princesses they have there are amazing. They just sit and pose all day and this girl really had it down. She must have spent hours practicing exactly how to hold her arms and her chin and her smile. I hope she's well compensated.





I stood in line forever with Jane to meet Goofy and right when he was going to leave, some woman cut me off! Can you see how mad I was?




Our second day there was a bit of a bust. The girls were both so tired that they were completely unmanageable. Jane had what we believe was a cramp in her leg and screamed in supposed pain every time her feet touched the ground. Lizzy was just as bad. We were afraid we'd wreck ourselves carrying both of them around for long, so we left early.



Jane got to meet Minnie, which was the thing she wanted to do more than anything



We bought her huge lollipop and she got to pick out her special present from the stores. She picked these lovely Minnie Mouse ears and she's in love with them. She was so happy that she didn't even mind leaving.



And we headed back to Las Vegas that afternoon. All in all, I didn't mind leaving and it worked out well getting back home a day early. I'm very happy to have been able to get out of town at just the right time. Now it's back to real life.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Cute pics!! Good for you. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how jealous I am!

Leslie said...

Kinda makes me wish I could have gone, although I'm sure Ben would not have done well. Maybe in a year, or two or three. . .