Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Lizzy!

Every year seems to go faster than the year before, doesn't it? I know everyone always feels this way when their kids somehow turn a year older, but it seems to have gone by WAY too fast. We were remembering one year ago today that we were in the hospital with our new little baby girl. She has been a joy from the get go. When I was pregnant with her, I carried her in a way that should have been horribly uncomfortable, but I never really had any problems with it. I never got very big with her and I had (got) to go in every month for ultrasounds to make sure she was growing. When she was born and weighed a whopping 5 lbs. 8 oz., it all made sense.
(the date on our camera was wrong, she was really born on the 17th. this may get confusing in the future)




The delivery was very easy (as you can imagine with a baby that small). This is a photo of her after she was cleaned up. So quiet and calm, she didn't even cry.



This photo is kinda creepy, but look how small she was!



Sorry about the IV and gross photo of me, but I love it. I love that she's so comfy looking up at her mommy like she knows who I am and she's happy to be here.
Lizzy has been a joy ever since. I always found it relaxing and rewarding to take care of her. Even though she can cause a lot of trouble, you can't get upset at such a happy, good natured little girl.



This is her and her daddy a year later. I love you Lizzy! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I love it that you took the time to post on her birthday even though you just got home from a difficult day on the road. Happy birthday from grandma!! We all love Lizzy--so cheeful and friendly. Be sure she gets enough to eat when her grandmother isn't around to stuff her.

Emily Call said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Lizzy! She is darling. I hope you guys are having a good time!

Leslie said...

She started out so tiny and now she's bigger than Ben (who was about 2 lbs. bigger at birth). No fair. Happy b-day Lizzy Lou.

erynp said...

She was gorgeous when she was born. I had to stop looking before I cried.