Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun in the Sun

So, I'm going to use a couple posts to cover our California trip because I just feel like it. We got there on Monday and Brent was absolutely determined that we were going to go to the beach. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go to the beach, but not like Brent did. Apparently he has deep seated issues about the beach from his childhood. He remembers going to visit his grandparents in California all the time, but never being allowed on the beach and it has scarred him so deeply that he has vowed never to go to California without taking his children to the beach, so there you have it. Our hotel was in Garden Grove (which made me sing that one Sublime song over and over all week) and apparently Garden Grove isn't all that close to the coast. We drove for what seemed like forever to get there and tried to follow the bad directions that the hotel gave us and when we finally arrived, the sun was starting to set and it was quite chilly, but what can you do? So we got out and played in the sand for a while...









Jane got caught in the tide and when she was trying to run away...



she fell down and got soaked. It was great.



Brent tried to get a photo of me and my girls, but, as usual, they weren't very cooperative so I just picked one for your viewing pleasure.



I love this photo of Jane. I kept taking pictures of her and telling her to look at me and smile. She was obviously getting annoyed since this is what she gave me. It's so Jane.

Thanks Daddy for dragging us to the beach! It was worth the trip.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

That picture of Jane is scary. She looks possessed.

Lynda/Mom said...

Cute pictures! I think you wanted to say "deep seated" although the other has meanings that might be very interesting to explore.

Allman Roca said...

I am so glad you all got away for a little while. I can't tell who is more excited about the beach Brent or the girls!