Tuesday, April 8, 2008

She's crafty

I generally wouldn't dare refer to myself as a "crafty" person. I don't scrapbook or make cute little things to put on tables or on walls or anything like that. I started making barrettes mostly because I didn't like spending so much money on stuff in boutiques and I didn't often find stuff that I liked for the girls at walmart. Let me tell you, once you start making stuff, you find yourself on a slippery slope. In my efforts to get my house ready to sell, I decided to tackle my "office" today. I have never referred to this room as my craft room because I don't craft, I just make barrettes. After I organized my fabric and clips and buttons (in a rainbow of colors) and enough ribbon to stretch to the moon and rhinestones and paper and stamps and sewing stuff and binky clips materials and burp rag materials felt and my cuttlebug die cutter (oh ya) and the list goes on and on, I realized that I can't deny it anymore. Hello, my name is Laura and I'm a crafter. Here's a photo of what my office usually looks like:



This is generally how I work, in a total pigsty.
After spending my entire day trying to get it organized we have the "craft room"





There's really no denying the title when you look at it. I tried to stage it so that some other crafty woman would walk in when they are looking at the house and want to live here for the fabulous craft room. Any suggestions? I thought now would be a good time to get it all clean and functional since I'll be able to get so much use out of it now that we are moving.

7 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, Laura, I hope you take your craft room with you. You guys worked so hard on that room and it is so functional. It looks fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

No, you can't be crafty. Now I'm the one and only person in this neighborhood that doesn't do anything crafty. Now I'm all alone.:(

Emily Call said...

Oh, it is so pretty! I wish I would make the time to clean my craft room.

Allman Roca said...

Looks awesome!! I wish I had a room for all of my "hud." I can't wait to see your new place.
Let me know what help you need. Callie would love Jane and Lizzy to come play!!Call me please:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought I must've not read for a few months because all of a sudden you're buying a house, but no, last time I checked in was about a week ago. Woo Hoo! I'm stoked for you and I love your craft room...I'm actually working on mine right now. I'd ask for your help, but I can see that you are busy. Just wish you and Brent's inspiration could've taken you further NORTH!!
-E

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

you are not just a crafter, you are an intense crafter. look at that room!

all i have to say is thank goodness.. what would we do with out lou lou designs??

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

oh.. and i love your new house by the way. darling... and yes it does have amazing lighting... I am jealous.