Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All my children


Today is a gorgeous fall day here. I took the camera outside to get some cute pictures of the kids.





I couldn't decide which picture of Jane to post, so you all get 2. She is technically sick with strep throat, but don't tell her that. She had a fever and rash yesterday and even though the nurse at our pediatrician's office did everything she could to discourage me from taking her in, I insisted because I was sure she had strep. I always enjoy being right, so I derived a great deal of satisfaction out of it, but at the same time, I feel bad that she's sick. At least there's something we can do about it.



Lizzy is talking so much all of a sudden! It just clicked in her head and now she's a little chatterbox. Some of the things she says are "lolli" which means candy, "zizzy" for Lizzy, she still calls Charlie "baby" and also says "Lilly" which is the name of a little girl her age in our ward. Funny thing is that she pronounces her words very meticulously making sure she gets her Ls and Ts right, with the exception of Zizzy. I don't get it.

The rash around her mouth is from eating cat food, which she is obviously allergic to. Why does she insist on eating cat food?



Ok, so Charlie isnow about 8 weeks old and already wearing 3 month clothes, he's growing like mad. He continues to be the sweetest little guy I've ever met. He's starting to coo and smile, this is the age that it gets really satisfying to have a baby.

11 comments:

Jenny R said...

Too cute!!! You have really gorgeous kids. :)

MaryAnn said...

Nice pictures - what cute kids!

Sheri said...

Your babies are darling. I love how Charlie can now really focus...and your girls are cute too, even when they cry for hours each night! Parenthood is not for wimps - but looking into these sweet faces makes it all worthwhile.

Lynda/Mom said...

Darling pictures--I'm so happy to have new stuff to look at. I feel like I didn't get to spend much time with the grandkids this trip; hopefully next week will be more fulfilling in that regard.

Lynda/Mom said...

I just looked at the pictures again. That second one of Jane is certainly a grandma Barbara expression. Lizzy always looks like herself, rash or not. And Charles has that little fist doubled up like he's ready to punch someone out. Have fun, Sweetie!!

Jana Sohm said...

I love the pics of Charlie!! He is so dang cute. His features look older than 8 weeks. All of your kids are darling.

Emily Call said...

cute, cute pictures. So sorry to hear that Jane is sick.

Oh, and I really need to see Charlie soon... he is getting so big. What a cutie!

Robinson Family said...

Your kids are so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love reading your blog and hearing your stories about being a mom and can relate pretty well.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i love jane's new hair cut. is it new???

either way... darling, darling kids!

Andrea said...

Your kids are so adorable!

hawsfam said...

Have you ever read the book Pinkalicious? It's a really cute kids book and the girl in the story looks like Jane to me, if Jane had pigtails. You should check it out.