Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful

It has begun. Good morning winter.



Why does my neighborhood get SO MUCH SNOW?! Things I love about where I live: everything except the snow.



At least I have my fire... and my family room is still clean from the party on Sunday, so I decided to take a picture to show everyone how awesome it is. Brent and our friend Jaime, with his mad skills, worked on the wainscoting all week to get it done before we had family over for Charlie's blessing and I love it. I have a painting ordered for over the fireplace and it still needs some more decor (read: a new light fixture), but it will be fabulous.

9 comments:

Emily Call said...

Oh it looks so good! I am jealous of your fireplace.

MaryAnn said...

Your family room does look very good. If you lived in Las Vegas I would have you help me with my decorating.

Lynda/Mom said...

OK--I guess I got out of there in the nick of time!! It is beautiful, and with the fire, potentially enjoyable. I'm glad again you have my camera.

Grammyzanne said...

What an inviting room. Your snow reminds me it really is November.

Sheri said...

It does look amazing and it is so you...I love your style!

Lilit said...

it already snowed in Utah??????? I love your family room too, it looks so cozy and inviting!

Barbara said...

The nice thing about snow in November is it likely won't last very long. We're supposed to be back in the 50s by the end of the week :) Happy "Lake Effect."

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I'm envious of the snow. I really miss those first snowfalls. They are so exciting, romantic and peaceful. I don't know if I will be able to survive a winter without snow...70 and 80 degrees here.

jared and mary 2 said...

I'm sorry that we weren't able to come see your clean family room in person. I hope everything went well.