Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baby Watch!

So, I had another appointment today, 32 weeks. I think that this one takes the cake for being the most worthless appointment that I've had with all three of my pregnancies. I got in there and was informed that the doctor was called in for a C-section and that my options were either to wait for him or to see the nurse. I thought about it. I didn't really want to see the nurse, but in all honesty, I knew there was nothing interesting that the doctor was going to share with me and that all I needed was for someone to write on my chart that everything was normal. So... I saw the nurse, and you know what? Everything was normal. In this case, I guess that no news is good news.
I have another appointment in 2 weeks, things should start getting a little more interesting in about 4, I imagine. I'm already anxious to not be pregnant anymore and I want to start asking those questions about my delivery that every pregnant woman wants to talk about WAY too soon and every doctor and midwife tries to avoid for as long as possible. I'm keeping things to myself for now, but the way I figure it, once I hit 36 weeks, it's fair game.
As for little Charlie, he's VERY active and causes me tons of contractions. They let up for a few days and now they are back. I'm trying to make myself think that they are accomplishing something, but it's probably wishful thinking. The nurse told me that she thought my ankles were swelling a little, which I think is crap. I've never swollen before and I CERTAINLY don't intend to start now. I don't have time for that kind of discomfort, I've got enough to worry about already. I will be watching my soda intake very closely though, since I'm convinced that it causes swelling. Normally, I would be inclined to complain more about being pregnant, but I'm so tired that I don't really have the energy to right now. Just know that I'm uncomfortable and that you should be glad you aren't me right now. Unless of course, you are worse off than I am, in which case, I'm glad that I'm not you :)

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I have been trying to call you forever this evening, including the extreme tactic of leaving a message on your phone. Good to get an update even if it was "nothing."

Kriss said...

I have to say that being pregnant sucks!

Jana Sohm said...

I hate when they tell you that you are swelling. It just isn't nice- whether you are or not. I love when the appointments go from 4 to 2 to 1 week apart. It makes it go so fast. I hope you are ready for baby #3.