Friday, August 8, 2008

Look what I did!

I made a changing pad today. I'm not sure what exactly inspired me, but I wanted one to coordinate with my new, AWESOME diaper bag that I got this week. Seriously, I love this bag so much that I'm tempted to get a smaller one for when I don't need a diaper bag. You've all GOT to visit Peas & Carrots to order your own custom bag. Anyway, I picked up a towel and some material that coordinates with the accent materials on my bag and tried my hand at changing pad making.







There's something kind of liberating about making things. Not that my life wouldn't go on without a changing pad, but it just feels good to create something that you would otherwise have bought, you know? Anyway, I'm pleased. I've also been making these cloth binky clips for my Sew Lou Lou Designs etsy store.



I can make them out of any cute material and I've been having so much fun making them. Hopefully, I'll be able to sell some to recoup some of my crafting expenses.



Leslie thought that Ben had given up the binky, but he's obviously still attached to it (no pun intended). He's sporting his own new, fancy binky clip. If he's going to use that thing, then he's going to be cute in the process. Ah, I love that little guy.

8 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Very cute of Ben with his extremely stylish binkie clip. I love your changing pad. You are getting very good with the sewing machine. I'm glad you are finding an outlet for your creativity.

Sheri said...

Your talents never seem to amaze me...I don't even know how to thread a sewing machine so I am mui impressed!

Sheri said...

OOOO! That was bad! I meant to say "never CEASE to amaze me"...

Kriss said...

Wow, my one time fellow non-crafter, sure seems to be getting all crafty on me! Good job!!

Emily Call said...

It turned out so cute! I love that bag too.

Leslie said...

Sign me up for the changing pad. Very impressive.

Barbara said...

Good job, Laura!! Are you going to add them to your other line of products?

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

What???
there has never been anything cuter. i may need to comission you to making one for me!

for real... what is schedule like this week? I MUST come over... minie "needs" (that word is thrown around very lightly concerning her) some new binky clips.

let me know... i'm sure kennan will want to join me, so let's figure something out