Wednesday, August 6, 2008

God doesn't like whiners

This is what Brent and I tell Jane over and over again, whenever she whines. We talk about Laman and Lemuel and how they whined all the time and how she wants to be like Nephi, who wasn't a whiner. Since it is probably good that I practice what I preach, I'm going to make an effort to post on my blog without whining.

Today was a good day. I called the Roto Rooter to come fix or toilets and they got here lickety split to take care of our rubber ducky situation and even though I did want to have to pay them to get it out (mostly because I was bitter that it was there in the first place), the guy was really nice and we were VERY fortunate that it hadn't traveled into the main line yet, which would have cost a grundle more than it did. Said ducky has since been laid to rest in the trash. I felt so silly until the guy told me that yesterday, he had to fish a Thomas train out of another persons toilet. That felt a little better.

Brent's mom came over to pick up Jane and take her to visit her great grandma in Provo. She was gone all afternoon while Lizzy took an extra long nap and I was able to rest for a little while and clean up some. Barbara does this for me every few weeks and I'm always so grateful, it's such a helpful, thoughtful thing for her to do.

Jane and I went to her preschool open house this evening and I'm really hoping that this will be a good year for her. She has one of the same teachers that she had last year, which seemed to be very comforting to her. My neighbor was so sweet to watch Lizzy for me until Brent got home so that I didn't have to take both of the girls by myself.

It has been a good day and I figured that I should share the good days too. Here are a couple photos that I took this evening while the kiddos were playing out front.



My big 4 year old girl. I can't believe how big she's getting!



If Lizzy looks concerned, it's with reason. Jane immediately started to tip the stroller over backwards.






Lizzy has been loving her kisses lately. She was totally smashing my poor nose, but I love her kisses too and I'll take all of them I can get. So here's to a good day!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations on a good day!!! Your pictures are darling, and your kiss from Lizzy is precious. I hope your next 4 weeks are uneventful and relatively comfortable, and that the birth goes smoothly. Hang in there. Love you, Aunt Barbara

Barbara said...

Whoa, I don't know who Catherine is--Oh, I guess I do. Sorry, I was logged in to another google account and didn't realize. It's me, Aunt Barbara.

Jana Sohm said...

Tyler wants to know more about the rubber ducky situation. He was so interested in how it all happened. I don't know why. I hope we don't have to deal w/ something getting stuck in there.

Leslie said...

See, aren't you glad the rubber ducky situation was resolved? I think we have all learned a valuable lesson about the limitations of the toto.

Holly said...

Hi, I started reading your blog after you posted a nice comment on my Creating Cupcakes blog (Thanks). I'm still laughing so hard at the Astronaut song, I've had it stuck in my head for days.