Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shabby Chic

I like the way the my dad described when I first tried to explain it to him

"Ya, I get it... It looks like trash, but for some reason, that's ok"

Ya, pretty much, Dad. I'm not usually a shabby chic person, myself. I don't really have anything against the whole look, it just isn't really my thing. My kids' bathroom was in need of a makeover and I didn't have any money to fix it up after my fabulous bathroom remodel, so we went the shabby chic route. It's such an easy way to go, when you haven't a lot of money. A little white paint, some sandpaper and a little crystal and viola! It actually turned out REALLY cute, in my eyes, so I thought I'd share.




My mom inspired the look with the cabinet that she bought for her house. It didn't fit, so I was the lucky recipient.



I ordered this print from Sarah Jane Studios because I couldn't live without it. It is a line from the nursery rhyme...

there was a little girl
and she had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead...

I think I've posted about how my mom used to recite that to me all the time when I was little and now I say it to my little girl. I love it.

Poor little Charlie will have a girly bathroom, but it will take a few years before he realizes it, so until then... shabby chic it is!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I think you bathroom is adorable. It looks really good and expensive.

Lynda/Mom said...

Well, you certainly made up for lost time! Now I need a photo of the nursery, please. Your bathroom is fabulous, and I am happy to take the credit for inspiring it with my inappropriate purchase.

Sheri said...

I love this bathroom! You are such a clever girl with an amazing sense of style. It is much more fun to do something with nothing anyway because it reminds us how fabulously creative we women can be.

Jana Sohm said...

too cute!

Emily Call said...

So darling. I love every single thing about it.

Grammyzanne said...

The print is the finishing touch that makes the bathroom perfect for two little girls.

My girls reminded me of that poem on more than one ocassion. Come to think of it, I can almost hear my mother quoting it.