Monday, August 25, 2008

Fall is almost here

I'm back from my luxurious weekend in Summit. Don't you just love moms (and dads too)? They always come through for you, even when you're a mom yourself. My mom took such good care of us even though she wasn't feeling great herself. Love you Mom! Here are some Lizzy shots from the weekend





Enjoying her snack on back patio.



Lizzy got sick on Saturday, poor thing. I took some photos of her when she fell asleep in Grandma's arms since she NEVER lets you hold her for more than 2 seconds at a time. Mom didn't want to move because she never gets to snuggle with Lizzy.





Yes, I know, she looks drugged, but...

Ok, what do you all think about the hair? I'm trying to do something with it while it grows. My dad and Brent call it Deb hair (from Napoleon Dynamite) and Leslie agrees that its a little too 80s. Does she not rock the side pony? I'm afraid my judgment is flawed and I don't want her walk around looking like a fool.

Moving on, Jane started "4 year old preschool" today. She goes three times a week and I'm so hopeful that her new schedule will provide our lives with some stability. She has been really struggling lately with separation from us and being scared of things. She's a little paranoid for being so small and we had a horrible end to last year. Today, after a most miserable morning, she hopped out of the car and hopped in at the end reporting that she LOVES school and she had lots of fun and met lots of new friends and when can she go back. Hallelujah! I think that the poor little thing has been bored out of her mind all summer.

Other than that, we've all been getting sick inhaling all the smoke from what has turned into a huge fire by our house. Here are some photos for those who aren't in the area



It's close, but not scary close to the Draper Temple



This is the closest one to my house that I could find. It's a shot from down the road a bit from us.
I feel involved with this fire because Leslie and I saw it start around noon and now it's burned like 600 acres of the mountain. I'm so grateful to be far enough away that we are only dealing with the tons smoke and not the flames. I have lots of things to be grateful for today.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Thanks for the update and cute pictures of Lizzy. The fire is scarey. I heard on the news that there is a fire near Boise which has destroyed 20 homes. I thought we were about at the end of the fire season, but I guess it's always a threat. Hope you have a great day and week.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I think the hair looks cute, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, as my kids are three before they have enough hair to do any kind of styling.

Jana Sohm said...

Cool picture of the temple w/ the smoke. I think Lizzy is looking more like these days- she can totally get away with her side ponie. Now, if she were 14 and wearing her hair that way, you might reconsider.

Jana Sohm said...

I meant to say that Lizzy is looking more like JANE these days. That didn't make sense. Sorry.

brooke c jackson said...

i am a fan of the hair...

lizzy looks so cute, and of course the clip is amazing.

your weekend sounds like fun... what a nice grandma :)