Sunday, August 31, 2008

Uncharacteristic of me

My mom told me that it had been an "uncharacteristically long time since I posted" so I guess the time has come. I haven't posted because there hasn't been much going on around here.

My fake Aunt Raija and Uncle Bob are leaving tomorrow to serve a medical mission in central Europe and today was their farewell. I took my camera and didn't even get a photo with them before they left! Raija was my mom's roommate in college and our families have been very close ever since. All 3 of us kids lived with them when we were in school. I actually met Brent while I was living there in Sugarhouse. He picked me up for our first date from Raija's house and Sugarhouse will always feel like home to me, I think. Vegas shmegas, I love Sugarhouse. My dad got a photo of our little family while we were there since we were all dressed up.



It's hard to get all of us looking decent in a photo, but we tried.
This dress is about the only thing that fits me these days, so I will probably be wearing it to church until the baby comes. The black hides it well, but I'm certainly getting large enough to outgrow even my maternity clothes these days.

I'll try to do more interesting things so that I have something to write about :)

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Your "fake" aunt Raija and uncle Bob? You can do better than that because there is nothing fake about them--explanation required!!

Jana Sohm said...

I didn't even know you had people here. What a bad friend I am. Your family pic is so cute, and your girls dresses are darling!! Where did you get them?

Lynda/Mom said...

The more I look at this picture, the better I like it.