Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend Getaway

So, my mom and dad were kind enough to invite me to Summit for the weekend with them, but there was a catch. The invite was only extended to me and one of my children. So yesterday, Lizzy and I loaded up and came down, leaving Brent and Jane to fend for themselves for the weekend. I'm loving being here and letting my mom take care of us and Lizzy seems to be loving some time away from her very overpowering sister.
I left Brent with very specific instructions that Jane was NOT to look like an orphan while I was gone and he promised that he would do his best. I told Jane that if he didn't do her hair for church, she was to have him call one of her friends' moms to do it for her. He got a new iPhone for his birthday and has already been emailing me updates. Here's Jane's hair today...



Not bad for his first time! I think he may have missed his calling in life. It's not too late Honey, you can still go to beauty school!
He's also been putting her to work doing laundry apparently. Jane's decided that socks now belong on hangers.



Funny how the kid can make me completely crazy and then the minute I leave, I miss her... Brent too.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I am impressed with Brent's hair-doing skills. Tim will not even touch our girls' hair. One time I asked him to comb out Megan's hair and that did not go well. I guess he has a valid point when he reminded me that he has not had to use a comb in years.

Kriss said...

Good job, Brent!!!

Jana Sohm said...

I think Jane is surviving A-OK. She and Brent were on a walk earlier this evening, eating popsicles. I had nieces & nephews over, and invited Jane to play too. She said yes, but then Brent said he would have nothing to do without her. SO, she decided to stay with her daddy. It was so cute! He is a good guy!!

Emily Call said...

I am so glad that you are having a nice break. Brent did a great job with Jane's hair... Justin won't touch the kids' hair.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Know exactly what you mean about the opposing emotions that one can feel for her child. I am glad you are having a break and hope you feel rejuvenated from it. Anyone knows you deserve it!