Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm goin' hungry

Lizzy has been on a hunger strike for the last, oh, several months. It's SO infuriating to have a small child that just plain refuses food. It seems as though she's finally starting to break down a little, but she's so dang stubborn that EVERYTHING has to be on her terms.



She has to feed herself, you can't be involved or she'll just throw the food or spit it out.



The older the food, the better. I was so upset to see her eating these crusty leftovers late the other night, but I'm just glad she's eating, so I let her have at it. By the way, our little monkey climbed up on top of the table all by herself. If she sees something high, it's just a challenge for her to get to the top and trust me, she'll get there.



High chairs are SO last month. Don't even bother her with them. We are needing to get another kids chair from Ikea since Jane and Lizzy fight over this one all the time.
When I thought about having kids, it never occurred to me that I would have to sucker them into eating and then rejoice at every calorie filled bite they take. Who knew?

2 comments:

Kriss said...

Trying to feed the kids something somewhat healthy is, for me, the hardest thing to do!

jared and mary 2 said...

Timothy is a very picky eater. It can be so frustrating. I feel for you.