Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby Watch!

I finally had my 36 week appointment today. It was quite the ordeal. I was the last appointment of the day and this was my doctor's first day back in the office after his vacation. Couple that with the 3 deliveries he had this afternoon and you can imagine the nice, long wait. It's ok, I was prepared for it and I have to admit that it was almost better to sit there for 2 hours and read People Magazine with no children than be at home.

Anyway... I had an ultrasound, which indicated that the baby is a little over 6 lbs. already! That's more than Lizzy weighed when she was born. I've gained a whole pound too, hooray for me! Everything looks good, the baby is healthy and strong, which is all I can ask for. Apparently the millions of contractions I've been having have been accomplishing something since I'm dilated and effaced enough that he felt comfortable scheduling an induction at 39 weeks. We are thinking probably Sept. 22nd, which is a Monday less than 3 weeks away! Weird. I'm not totally certain I'll last on my own that long, but I'll probably get close. I'm doing a lot of sitting these days and I'm trying to set milestones for myself to reach before the baby comes to make the time pass. I have a boutique next week that I should probably be able to attend and I've got a Sunday School lesson coming up when I hit 38 weeks that I've got to teach. After that, I'll be SO ready to have this baby!

We're almost finished with the nursery and I'll get pictures of it as soon as I get everything put together (Mom). Problem is that after several weeks of semi-successful room sharing, we've got Lizzy back in the crib. The girls just don't let each other sleep when they are in the room together! Lizzy will have to be evicted before much longer to make way for baby brother. Poor little girl has no home. She's already the middle child.

3 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

I can't believe how close it is getting! I wish that I looked as good as you do being pregnant. Maybe someday...

Lynda/Mom said...

Can't wait for the picture of the nursery! I think Jane is an up and coming Sarah Palin--full of it and walking to her own drumbeat!! I love it! (Easier from a distance, I know.)

Katie said...

You got to read People Magazine for TWO HOURS without interruption? Does your doctor take my insurance??