Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Watch!

So, I had another appointment today. It wasn't all that exciting since I've already got my induction date for the 22nd. The doctor tells me that this baby is ready to come, its just a matter of getting contractions started. He doesn't think I'll be too early, but doesn't count on me making all the way to the 22nd either. I've actually been contracting a ton every day, but they always stop. I figure that the work my body does now means less that it has to do when I go into the hospital. It's just distracting and uncomfortable, but so is pregnancy in general :)

To make matters a little more complicated for myself, I signed up for 2 craft shows in the spur of the moment. One for next weekend and one for the following. Ya, I just want to make sure that no one feels sorry for me in my present state. I'm going to have a ton of work to do to get ready and I figured it would be better to focus on that than sit around timing contractions every day. I've tried a couple times to get into this particular show and they had a last minute opening for me that I didn't feel like I could pass up. I mean, I'm going to have some serious hospital bills to pay off here pretty soon, right? I've also got another boutique tomorrow night. Ya, I'm a glutton for punishment. If the baby waits until the induction date, he'll come right in between things and I might be able to make all the shows, if not... um,I'll figure something out then. In the meantime, Brent it super busy at work and I've basically been forbidden from going into labor until he's got a grip on things. I'll do what I can.

9 comments:

Emily Call said...

Good luck! Remember, I am here and can help you with anything... please call me if you need to.

Kriss said...

Being pregnant sucks! Yea, you're almost done! Can't wait to see little Charlie. (Would it be bad if I call him Charlie Bucket?)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Laura, the Super Warrior Princess! I can't believe all that you acomplish while pregnant. You are an amazing mom and you make the rest of us look bad!

jared and mary 2 said...

Sarah was born three days before she was scheduled to be induced. Sounds like Charlie might follow suit. Good luck!

Sheri said...

This officially confirms it for me...YOUR ARE INSANE! I will definitely find a way to help you although it won't be making barettes...how about doing the dishes and picking up the toys...that is more my thing.

Laura Stringham said...

Oh ya, I'm definitely insane. I think there's a sick and twisted part of me that enjoys the gamble. Chances of this working out well are so slim that I just had to give it shot. What's wrong with me?

Lynda/Mom said...

Well, insanity can be fun. See you next week. I need a "Jane says" update.

Jana Sohm said...

I don't think you're insane. I HATE the waiting around at the end. I think you are smart for keeping busy- as long as you can sit and work on your stuff.

Jana Sohm said...

Oh ya- I love your music selection on your blog! It's perfect!