Monday, September 29, 2008

Flood



Leslie: Jane, did you have a flood in your basement?
Jane: No, it just got lots of water in it and my daddy had to take out the carpet because it was all wet.

Ya, Jane, that's what we'd call a flood. And, yes, we did have one in the basement. I'm about a bummed as I've been in a while. Brent thinks that it's got something to do with the hose in the front yard... it leaked down into our basement bedroom. Our wall is all wet and the (nasty teal) carpet was drenched so Brent pulled it out to dry on the back patio today. I hate to put it back down there, but we also have no money to replace it. Anyway, we'll probably have some significant sheet rock repair that's needed and I'm not sure that I want to think about it just yet. In the meantime, the girls have been enjoying the back patio all nice and soft today. Enjoy ladies.

6 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

You're lucky it wasn't glued to the floor! Was there a pad under? I'm so sorry, but at least it's not a vital part of the house you use every day. Hope it was a good one other than the carpet.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Not the sort of thing you want to deal with, especially when there is a baby keeping you occupied. At least your husband was around to take care of the situation.

Allman Roca said...

Yucky! I am sorry. At least it has been nice weather to throw it out back.
How are you doing now that Brent is back to work this week? OR as I call it "a male vactaion from the kids."

Jana Sohm said...

That stinks that your basement flooded. I wish you would have told me- I would have come over to help!

Grammyzanne said...

Floods are no fun whether by plumbing or nature. Timing is never good. Hope all dries quickly.

Kriss said...

So sorry! That sucks big time! At least it makes your patio comfy!