Monday, September 15, 2008

Nursery

Since I'm still NOT currently having a baby, I'm doing other things to occupy my time. One of them is finish up Charlie's nursery (which will likely be inhabited by Lizzy for an indefinite period of time). I finally got my cute monkeys up on the wall, so I decided to straighten it up and take a few pictures.



If the room seems like a tunnel, that's because it is. I think it's only like 8 1/2' wide or something like that. I don't understand this house.
I'd like to draw your attention to the pillow with large multicolored dots on the right side of the photo. I made this pillow. Well, I made all 3 of them, but this one (which will hopefully sit atop a mattress at some point) was made out of felt circles that I cut out and adhered to the white material myself. I'm very pleased with my fancy pillow. The monkeys came from Vinylwallart.com and I LOVE them! Thanks Holly, you have the cutest stuff! I also ordered the letters because they followed the "dot" theme.

I'm very pleased with my little boy nursery, it was kinda fun to do something boyish. Thank you to my mom and Brent who helped me to get it all put together.

11 comments:

Emily Call said...

I LOVE the room! It turned out so great! I also LOVE the pillow.

Sheri said...

You have such a knack for taking weird things - like the shape of that room - and making it totally cute. Your house is really coming along especially considering you have been pregnant ever since you moved there.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Nice job on Charlie's room! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of him next. You are quite the decorator...too bad you aren't closer to help me with my decorating. I also like Jane's comment about beans...you should have the first song on your playlist playing Jane Says. I forget who sings that song?

Kathy said...

I LOVE that room! I want to do the same thing (with the circles) if I have a boy. That pillow is fantastic I love circles and the orange accents. You are very creative and I might have to call on you sometime to help me with my decorating. Good luck!

Katie said...

SOOO cute. Almost too cute for children to sleep in. I would keep it under lock and key, except for occasional, staged photo ops.

Grammyzanne said...

What a fun room. Lots of color and contrasts to catch Charlie's attention.

Kriss said...

Way cute, Mrs. Crafty!

Kriss said...

By the way, I tagged you!

Barbara said...

I concur with all the comments--your nursery is darling. Congratulations on finishing it, and hang in there. He's got to be coming soon. Take care,

Jenny R said...

I love the nursery!! It is really great. How fun to be able to be so creative. :)

Holly said...

CUTE! I love the pillows, and the colors. Thanks for the plug!