Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Uniform?

Jane had a very successful first day of school last week and I thought that my preschool problems were over. I should never think things like that. Each day since has been a struggle, largely revolving around her uniforms. What gives? Last year she loved them! This year everything is wrong. She doesn't like white shirts, she doesn't like collars, she doesn't like blue, she doesn't like pants, she doesn't like skirts, she doesn't like anything! Argh! Finally, we found that she doesn't really mind wearing the blue polo dresses, so Leslie was kind enough to stock up on them for us since they were on clearance. She also wants several pairs of bright colored shoes to wear and needed new socks since white ones were unacceptable. I haven't bought her shoes (since the ones she likes run about $40 a pair!) but we invested in as many pairs of "silly socks" as a small child could possibly need. So now, when Jane goes to school each day, she looks about like this:



So much for being uniform. She definitely marches to her own beat and I just let her. If silly socks will get her in the car, sobeit.

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

So cute! She knows what she likes... that's way better than being indecisive! Let's get the girls together before Charlie arrives.

Kriss said...

I applaud her for having her own sense of style! Everyone looking the same is just no fun at all!

Danielle said...

Well, I talked to my mom about the shoes last week and she can't find 'the shoe lady's' number. I will help her try to find it this weekend.

Laura Stringham said...

Oh don't worry about it Danielle! I got her some new ones yesterday that she's in love with. They are "her new all red shoes with no polkadots" to differentiate, I suppose.

Danielle said...

Sorry I wasn't quicker! I am glad that you found some that Jane thinks are acceptable! Silly Janey.