Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things you didn't want to know about me...

Enjoy reading about weird I am...

Rules Once Tagged:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5) Let them know they are tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger (who tagged you) know when your post is up

Six random things about me

1- I'm not very good at finishing things. I graduated from high school through independent study because I left after my junior year. Same for college. My house and life are full of half finished projects.

2- Smarties are one of my very favorite candies. I can, and do, eat them until they give me serious heartburn. I know that there are 15 Smarties in each roll. I know this because I am compelled to eat them in 3s, making 5 delightful servings per roll. For this reason, I don't like sharing rolls of Smarties, so don't ask. It's really quite debilitating. Oh the things I suffer from!

3- I am a paint Nazi. I have VERY strong feelings about colors (I own about 4 paint decks), technique (Brent has none), as well as different brands of paint. Behr is horrible paint, I hate it. I won't use it at all, their commercials are full of lies. Ask any professional painter and they will agree. The best paint comes from Pittsburgh paints. I drive about 15 minutes to get to a store, but they are SO helpful there and are also a lot cheaper than most other places. Love them.

4- I am a Rage Against the Machine fan. If you aren't familiar with Rage Against the Machine, I suggest that you don't bother familiarizing yourself. I know that my love for them should have tapered off by now and that it's left over from high school, but I can't help myself. I still get all into it when I hear me some Bulls on Parade. I heard that they broke up because the lead singer was donating all his proceeds to some terrorist group in Bolivia or something weird like that. What a drag. I've been listening to them as I'm writing this and I'm nothing short of giddy right now... ahhh, it's been a while. Now Testify!

5- I love hose water. Dogs and I share a taste for it. I know, it's gross, but I LOVE cold water out of the hose, it's totally preferred over bottled water. I also drink straight out of the faucets inside. My kids drink out of them and my family blames Brent, but I do it too. Lizzy tries to drink out of the play kitchen sink :)

6- My favorite word in spanish is comemos. It's such a fun word to say out loud. Go ahead, say it. Now. You won't regret it, I promise. Co-me-mos. Ha! It makes me laugh just about every time. Ah, good times. I also enjoy the word macaco, which is monkey in Portugeuse.

Ok, done and done. Now I tag Danielle, Leslie (oh ya) and Sheri. You are all horrible bloggers and if you can't come up with something to post about, I'll do it for you :) Have fun girls.

3 comments:

Kriss said...

I would have never pegged you as a Rage fan. Good to know. I also enjoy eating my smarties in stacks, but I do it by color. I like this tag, finding out random things about people makes me feel better about my weird self!

Sandy Brunson said...

I agree about the hose and tap water. I'm pretty sure many members of the Carter clan have had a drink straight from the tap on more than one occasion.

aaron and allee said...

I didn't know you finished high school through independent study! Thanks for the information on the paints - I have a feeling we will be needing that very soon.