Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Classics

So, I'm a classic girl. I can't help myself and it might get kinda boring sometimes, but I'm always drawn to classic, often traditional things. I figure this way, they don't age. Since we moved into our white and brick house, I've been itching to paint the shutters and door. Yesterday Brent took care of it for me. Now I have my classic house. You really can't go wrong with black, white and red...



This is the before, it had green shutters which is NOT the same as black.



And the after.

Try to look past the dead flowers, mirror from our bathroom and other trash on the porch as well as the overgrown landscaping, toilets and tires to the side of the house. Oh ya, not to mention the bathtub that's been sitting there since we remodeled the bathroom. We are totally the white trash neighbors. Next year we'll try to work more on the exterior. It's needing some serious love, but this will have to do for a while.

And a photo of Charlie...



My sister in law, Danielle, made the hat and blanket for him. He sticks his little tongue out when he sleeps, it's so funny. We love him!

8 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Brent gets an A+ for the paint job--looks fabulous! Charlie couldn't be cuter. Glad you have so much to show for your "week off."

Jenny R said...

LOVE the red door - so inviting! I agree, classic is the way to go. I am so glad I am not the only one whose yard needs some TLC - at least we finally don't have a broken down jeep sitting in it anymore. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Forgot to comment on Danielle's handiwork--Charlie looks especially cute all decked out in his hat and blanket.

Kriss said...

LOVE the black shutters!!!! Love the baby, can't wait to see him!

Leslie said...

Big improvement on the exterior. And Charlie is, of course, darling.

Grammyzanne said...

What a cute little bundle of joy.
House looks nice - especially like the red door.

hawsfam said...

I've been a blog-reading slacker lately so I just found out about Charlie. Congrats, he is darling! I love the one of him with your mom.

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the new baby! He's cute. And I think you're awesome for still blogging. Super mom. :)
I normally blog stalk you because you're entertaining. But now you know I'm looking.