Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bathtime with Bubby

If you ever see Lizzy and Ben together, you can't deny that these babies LOVE each other. They both get so excited to see the other. Once they see the other's car seat walk in the door, they will both get all excited and start laughing and crawl over as fast as they can. It's absolutely adorable. You hardly see one without the other close behind and Ben even tries to say Lizzy's name, which seems to be the first word he's making a conscious effort to say. If I ask Lizzy where Ben is, she starts getting all excited and looking around for him. I tell you, I don't know if twins could love each other more than these two do.

Well, Lizzy and Ben were both particularly fowl this evening, so Leslie and I decided to give them a cousin bath. We knew that it would be totally embarrassing for them when they get older, so we made sure to get some pictures to document the occasion. It was actually hilarious. They both sat there and splashed each other and laughed hysterically. I don't think I've ever seen Lizzy laugh so hard in all her 10 months of life. I was laughing at them so hard that it hurt...




They were both so wound up, that we had to get them out of the tub before too long because we were afraid they would hurt themselves. I'm certain Lizzy inhaled water and I wouldn't be surprised if Ben did too.

All of a sudden, Ben started crying. He does that a lot. Everything is cool and then, all of sudden, he's just mad and crying and you can't figure out why.



This picture is so sad! He just looks pathetic all naked and wet.



It was fun while it lasted, and I'm sure they'll HATE the photos when they get older. Isn't that what parents are for, though?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE these pictures. We should have gotten it on video. I don't think either of them has had more fun in their little baby lives. We're going to have to get them a splash pool this summer.

Lynda/Mom said...

OK, I missed these. You must have had a faantastic evening with the bebes. Give them hugs and kisses for Grandma.

Anonymous said...

What DELIGHTFUL pictures!