Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tagged again? You've got to be kidding me.

I know I just did this, but since I really haven't got a whole lot to post, I'll humor you, Cheryl.

10 years ago... Hmmm. 1998. I was finishing up my junior year at Bonanza High School probably spending most of my time with my only 2 friends, Jake and Omar. It was close to this time that I decided finish early and move to Utah. That summer, I spent everyday, from morning to night, in summer school and at the end, I moved to Salt Lake at the ripe old age of 17. I moved in with Leslie and my soon to be good friend, Eryn. It was a long time ago.

5 things on my to do list today...It's Sunday, so I really don't have that much going on. Let's see. 1- Prevent my children from dying or seriously injuring themselves. 2- Figure out what to feed everyone and then make dinner. 3- Call and wish Cameron a happy birthday. (maybe this can count. Happy Birthday Cam!) 4- Book our hotel and tickets for our family vacation to Disneyland this year. 5- Take a nap. It's a good life.

Snacks I enjoy... Maraschino cherries, out of the jar, Doritos and cottage cheese (of course), crackers and easy cheese, grape or orange soda, chips and salsa from Barbacoa, string cheese and just about anything else that you would expect a 5 year old to like.

What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire.... I'd probably tear down my house and build and a new one in its place and then buy houses for everyone in my family so that we wouldn't have to waste our money on mortgages and we could play more. I could take them all on vacation to fun places too. I'd get Brent a new phone, new camera, new TV, new Mini and everything else that he's always complaining that he wants.

5 bad habits.... I bite my finger nails, you already know I have laundry issues, I have a hard time cleaning up after myself, so I leave a trail of messes wherever I go, I procrastinate with almost everything. Ask my husband for the rest it makes me feel too bad about myself to keep going ;)

5 jobs that I have had...I worked at Hogi Yogi for about a day and a half, runner/clerk at my dad's office, receptionist, paralegal and now a Mommy.

5 things that people don't know about me...I feel like I've already revealed a lot that you didn't know so this isn't fair.
1- I like mostly only strong foods like green olives, sourkraut, artichoke hearts, mustard and the like. I'm a Barron, we all eat that way.
2- When I was in high school and part of college, I used to sing and act. Ya, I'm serious.
3- I'm obsessed with baths. I think a hot bath can fix pretty much anything that's wrong with me.
4- I find Fugazi to be the best band ever in existence. I don't even put it in my top 5 because it just isn't fair to all the others
5- I'm pregnant. "What!? Did she just say she was pregnant?" Yes, I did. Bet you didn't see THAT coming, but since being pregnant in my family is one of those things that doesn't actually stay quiet, a lot of people already know. I'm only 7 weeks today, so it's really too early to be making announcements, but now at least I can whine about it.


So now I get to tag others. So.... Brent and Cameron (you can post on your man blog) and Leslie

6 comments:

hawsfam said...

Congratulations! Whining about the ills of pregnancy is the best, and you feel worst at very beginning, so bravo.
p.s. i love easy cheese, too. I can't buy it because I would eat too much

Leslie said...

So the cat's out of the bag, eh? So much for secrets in our family. I guess now you get to put up the creepy fetus countdown thing on your blog. Let the okay times roll!

Emily Call said...

Congrats! I loved reading more about you. It's fun because I feel like I know you so well, yet we have only talked a few times. Ok, I know we lead double lives, but it has to end here, because my body cannot go through another pregnancy right now! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura and Brent!

Allman Roca said...

Thanks for humoring yet another TAG. I'm still working on mine in return! And you know we are always excited to have another Stringham in the world!! Third times a charm.

marydalene said...

Congratulations. We're excited for you. I hope being sick doesn't keep you down too much....