Saturday, February 23, 2008

Goodbye to Abby cat



Today, our cat, Abby, was adopted by another family. We adopted her from the Humane Society when we bought our house, 5 years ago, and we haven't ever REALLY felt as though she was satisfied in our home. We've talked and talked about finding her a new home, and this week, I finally listed her on KSL. Today a VERY sweet family with 3 children took her home. I know that she will be happier with them than she is here, but I can't help feeling emotional about it. I guess when you've put up with anyone (or animal) for 5 years, you just feel that attachment. Jane thinks that this means she's getting a dog, which is NOT going to happen, so she's going to have a rude awakening pretty soon here. She cried when they drove away and even Lizzy went out there and started waving, it made me laugh. I guess this is just the way life goes.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I am embarrassed, but I feel like crying myself. I was just going to call and ask about it, but I am really glad you found a good home for her; your house will be cleaner and quieter without her, not to mention you will have a happier husband. Onward and upward!!

Allman Roca said...

I think you are awesome to even have cats. My kids know that we "don't do pets." I think a pet is like having just another child. And, we have enough choas and peeing on the carpet over here.:)

Leslie said...

You didn't tell me you got rid of Abby! Poor kitty. It sounds like they will love her though.

Cameron said...

Tis a joyous day!
Now all we have to do is find a home for Nina.