Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superpost Sunday

I know that I have now posted 3 times today, but I don't really care. I thought I had nothing to say, but apparently I was wrong. I've been snowed in and sitting around all day, it's amazing what you can think of to say under those circumstances.
We decided to venture out this afternoon to watch the superbowl at Cameron and Leslie's house since I STILL don't have any TV access at all. We figured that the roads would be ok this afternoon and they were, until we got to Daybreak. When we pulled up to my parent's house (that Leslie and Cameron are currently occupying), there wasn't even a way to get into the driveway. The west side of the valley was pounded WAY harder than we were with snow and after the plows came through, there was a bank about 4' tall preventing us from getting to the house and the driveway hadn't been touched. This wouldn't be so bad except that my parents, being old, had decided to by an old people's house that had yard maintenance and snow removal included, so we were a little annoyed that no one had gotten around to it. Fortunately, Brent and Cam aren't old (yet) and they were able to clear us a little spot for the minivan.



I decided to wear slippers, which made the snow situation that much more inconvenient for me. Lizzy was inside making it a partial family photo, but I'll take what I can get.

Half an hour later, when we got inside, the festivities began! Basically, we sat around sometimes caring what was happening in the game and sometimes not so much and we ate crappy food that made me sick. If you've ever been to a Barron family festivity, you will know that one of our very favorite treats is doritos and cottage cheese. People always get freaked out by it, but it's SO good. You rarely open a carton of cottage cheese that doesn't have orange dorito funk all over, which is kinda gross. The only one in the family who hasn't fully accepted this delicious dish is Cam.



Come on Cam... don't knock it till you've tried it!

The small children mostly crawled around (yes, even Jane. She reverts around the babies) and made noise. They spend most of their time in Mom's library-turned-playroom which is completely stocked with anything that a small child could want or need.



It really is a royal mess. See if you can spot 2 babies in there. It'll be like Where's Waldo?



Lizzy is wearing her new suit from Grandma. I love this color on her and her suit is so cute! Thanks Grandma!



Jane is such a goof!

We finally made it home through more snow and successfully got our children in bed (knock on wood). Not a bad Superbowl Sunday, all things said and done.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Wow!! Lotta snow! Dad loved the Superbowl game even though he had to watch it alone this year. I guess a good game is a good game.

hawsfam said...

I can't believe you got church cancelled. Not only did I have to go, I had to be there an hour early for ward council and stay 45 minutes late for BYC. Ugh.
On another note, I think I had a dream about you last night that I ran into you at the store and you didn't recognize me so I had to call your name out several times. Then I didn't want you to see what I was buying so I ran away. It was weird.

kennan said...

how funny! we do the cottage cheese and dorito combo as well. i think brooke like's it the best however. i heard something about you through the grapevine. let's just say thats intense!