Thursday, January 17, 2008

hokey pokeys and first words

The girls had to go in this afternoon for flu shots. They both had them in November, but they both had to go back and get another one. This was particularly bad for Jane, who remembered getting the first one. She's had one every year, but never two and I guess that you need to have two in the same season to really make it work once and then you are good with just one from there on out. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. She was mad. Screaming mad. And Lizzy was overly tired and miserable and the two of them screamed the whole time and once the shots were over they REALLY screamed. The nurse laughed at me and said "Have a great afternoon." Ya, thanks. I guess this will be my life with 2 dramatic girls.
Anyway, we went and got a 'pokey treat' and Jane wanted a Sonic drink. I asked her if the pokey was really all that bad once she got her blue drink and she said "No. I drink my Sonic and it goes into my pokey and it makes it feel better."

The other fun that has been happening around here is that Lizzy it trying to talk. Looks like she is going to follow in her sister's footsteps and say 'kitty' as her first word. its funny because when Jane started trying to say it, she started out going "ka! ka!"
Lizzy has been going about it a different way. She has been saying "ti! ti!" So funny that its the same word, but a different way. Anyway, she's made some progress and is now trying for 2 syllables. I took a little video of her saying 'kitty' but I have to preface it a little. For one, Lizzy looks B-A-D bad. She's been exhausted and I think she's a little sick because she's all weepy and grumpy and her skin has been really bad this week, so she looks all rashy. All the same, she's my little sweetheart and I wanted to document the occasion.

3 comments:

Allman Roca said...

So cute!!!
Tell Jane Aunt Cheryl says that Sonic Drinks make her feel better too.(Route 44 Diet Cokes!)
Also, I can't believe Lizzy is talking! I loved the video. I think she looks darling. Don't dis on her, she's a princess:)

Emily Call said...

Too, too cute! I love when kids start to talk. Cait is so dramatic at dr. appointments too. She made a huge scene when she got her flu shot too! Oh, the drama!

hawsfam said...

Grace had to get 5 shots at once when she got her flu shot because she was sick for her well child 4 year old check up. The whole way to the doctor and the whole time in the room she screamed bloody murder "I DON'T WANT A SHOT! WAAAHHHH!" but when she actually got the shots she didn't even say 'ow'. Apparently the anticipation was worse than the actual thing. Then Noah said, 'me, shot, too?' what a goof.