Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bedhead

So, Brent and I got about the most awesome Christmas present this year. We wandered into the My Comfort store on Christmas Eve and they were apparently really desperate to make a sale because we got a screaming deal on a fancy intelligel bed. AND its a king. Ya, it's awesome. Problem was that we had a queen before and we didn't have a frame for it, and since we spent all our Christmas money on the mattress, we didn't have any to buy one. Well my mom came through like a champ, scouring craig's list until she found our dream bed. Not only that, it was only $250! So John drove my parent's truck to Vegas to pick it up and then drove it up here for us (thanks Johnny and Danielle!) and we set it up today. We had some problems, as you will see in the photos...

Our mattress is WAY thick with the box springs and I swear once we set it up, it was like over 3 feet tall. I tried to get a photo, but the light was really bad, you get the picture though.



We then decided to nix the box springs and Brent made a quick trip to the Home Depot to pick up some plywood. I need to get a photo of it all put together, so I'll post one as soon as I can get it (sorry mom!)
We took some fun pictures of the girls playing on the new bed. Lizzy had just awakened from her nap and was still bagged up.



My happy little Lizzy Lou.






I LOVE this photo. I know that it looks like Jane is squeezing the life out of her sister, but they look so cute in the process!



When Jane was a baby, people used to tell us all the time that she looked like a doll. I think it's because she has such creamy skin and rosy cheeks. I think that Lizzy looks a lot more like a doll. Isn't she sweet?



Thanks everyone for helping us get our bed! We love it!

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Who cares about the bed--the kids are absolutely adorable!!

Allman Roca said...

I am way jealous! I have wanted an intellibed forever! Let me know how you like it. It has to be better than the old one right??