Monday, January 21, 2008

Holy snow day!

I believe that we are getting more snow than our neighborhood has seen in a long, long, long time. Our VERY knowledgeable 11 year old neighbor informed me that the last snow day in this area was in January of 1993. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but if you have to have this much snow to call it a snow day, I believe him.
Brent couldn't get out of our street this morning to get to work, so after an hour of trying to clear off the driveway, he called in and is now attempting to work from home.
Jane and I went to play outside for a while and got some fun pictures. I tried to get photos of the snow banks that are about 6 feet tall, but it just looks like white everywhere.




The snow in the yard completely covered Jane's legs and almost came up to my knees.



Me and my little Jane. It's been snowing this hard since we got up this morning and it's still coming down.



Jane was afraid to sit in the snow by herself. She said "I'm too small, Mommy. I'll get stuck!" She was right, she would have.


I love her bright pink coat against the white snow, Isn't she so cute?



Since we still have no form of television in our home whatsoever (can I at LEAST get some rabbit ears over here?) We only have the internet to tell us what's going on. They said to expect 4-8 inches. HA! We're thinking that our house will probably have at least 18"
It's kinda fun though and since my awesome dad brought us up a truckload of would this weekend (you're the best Dad! Thank you!) I find myself singing 'Let it snow' and we're enjoying the day with our daddy at home.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

What a day for you! We had bright and sunshine in Summit, and it felt warm by the time we got back to Vegas this evening. Your fabulous bed will be picked up tomorrow evening, thanks to the Barney's truck, and then we'll have to figure out how to move it from there. Love ya.

Barbara said...

Hey, Laura, this is Aunt Barbara. We had mega-snow today too, but we probably only got about 8 inches. I can corroborate your wise little 11-year-old neighbor boy. I remember the storm of January 1993 because I had just started my job at the State and I couldn't get to work. We had about 18 inches in Provo in that storm, which lasted two or three days, as I recall. Schools, etc., as well as State Government were closed that day. Anyway, enjoy it!!!

Laura Stringham said...

That makes me so happy that he's right. I love it when he's right, and he usually is.
I feel like the rest of the valley got a lot of snow, but for some reason my little alcove got clobbered. We are enjoying it though.

Emily Call said...

we got a ton of snow down here too. I remember that storm too... I think that was the year that there was so much snow that they cancelled church one week. funny! (that was back when I lived in your neighborhood). Ahh, the good old days.